You met a guy you like! And he likes you back! And he asked you out! Could this be going any better? Um, well, yeah. Like maybe if your parents would actually let you go on a date. Well, have no fear. Sara’s here with some expert tips on how to convince your parents that you’re old enough to be dating so you can step out with that cutie!

Do your parents have rules about how old is old enough to date? Are you allowed to date yet? If yes, when did your parents let you start dating? Tell us in the comments!

Here’s How To Get Your Parents To Like Your Guy

Tags: , , , ,

1. avatarCam says:

I’m turning fifteen and my mom doesn’t even let me outside to hang with friends. I have two main friends that live near (a whole lot live near my school, far) but they have lives and it sucks. I’m just confused. It’s not like I am doing what she was doing at thirteen!

2. avatarCasey says:

I’m 14 and I’m not even allowed allowed to have a guy as a friend :( I hate it when my parents say I’m too young because it’s not like I’m going to get pregnant! I literally want to go to the movies and have some fun. You’re only young once!

3. avatarJ.J says:

My mom won’t let me have a boyfriend and i just turned 15 yesterday she told me i could start when i was 15 and a guy asked me out (Joe) and she said no my aunt says that 15 is a good age, i told her about him and that he wants to meet them but she said no and when she was 15 she was already sneaking out to party’s!!
    Do You guys think 15 is a good age to start dating???
    Do you think 15 is

4. avatarBreshana says:

I’m 13 n my mom won’t let me have a boyfriend. I asked her and she thinks I’m not responsible enough for one. What do you think??

• avatarBetty says:

Breshana, when your 13 you truly haven’t matured. This does not mean that you are reckless or foolish it just means you are not prepared for some things. If you act responsible with the decision you made she will see that you are mature. I would wait another year or two so your mom can see that you are not a child anymore. You acted responsible with her decision and now are ready to take the responsibility of a relationship. Good Luck!

5. avatarShardashia says:

My mom wont let me have a boyfriend i think that because of her pass & she ended up pregnant , but my auntie says she should at least let me have one at the age of 14 which is in two more months because at that age my mom use to sneak & go see her boyfriends but at the same time my sister is 16 & just now able to date but i guess um going to give y’all the update in 2 more months when i turn 14 !!