I’m going to be Captain Obvious for a second and announce that Valentine’s Day is less than a month away. If you’re into the holiday, you’re probably planning your red and pink outfit now. And if you’re anti-Valentine’s Day, you’re probably counting down the days until the vile commercial holiday is over.
I don’t mind Valentine’s Day, whether I’m in a relationship or not. Maybe it’s because I focus on the positives, like the fact that there is a lot more chocolate in the stores. But I get that there are a lot of people out there who HATE V-Day. I also know that it’s not just single people who aren’t a fan of V-Day. There are people in relationships who stress about the holiday and finding the *perfect* gift and doing something *epic.*
Have a look at 15 Whisper Confessions that sum up why Valentine’s Day is the worst.
1. Happy Valentine’s Day!
2. …And sometimes your SO might not do anything at all.
Come on, you should at least say, “Happy Valentine’s Day.”
3. It’s the emoji that gets me.
4. It can still hurt for the people in relationships.
Curse long distance relationships.
5. With someone but still lonely.
Who would have thought?
6. Social media has made it so much worse.
Where can I find the “mute all Valentine’s Day content” button?
7. A poem that sends a depressing message.
8. When you just can’t take it anymore:
How about everyone stay away from social media on February 14th? It will benefit us all.
9. Still waiting…
Maybe next year?
10. Because those posts just never stop.
270 characters of nausea.
11. You could have it worse…
Hang in there.
12. Trying to decide if this makes things better or worse:
13. A whole new perspective:
Happy period cramps and heavy flow.
14. Don’t mind me over here.
I’m just doing my own thing.
15. When you think you have Valentine’s Day all figured out.
Then you get dumped.
What annoys you about Valentine’s Day? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!