Being single gets a bad rep. Movies, TV shows, and the media can make it seem like being on your own is just an endless cycle of eating junk food, being a third wheel, and going on bad dates until you find someone who is semi-decent. As someone who has been single for years at a time, I can tell you that this is definitely not true. I actually found being single to be really, really fun. It was a time of my life where I got very close with my girl friends and built these incredible friendships that I’ll cherish forever. It was also a time where I really got to know myself and learned how to like myself more.
Sorry to get so sappy, but honestly, if you’re single and have been for a while, or newly single, or feeling down about your lack of a relationship status, you might need a little boost of good spirits, and I’m here to give that to you. Tumblr is full of single people who are owning their single life, and you need to be a part of that. Look at the positive side of things instead of feeling lonely! Here are some perfect Tumblr posts about being single that will make everyone feel amazing. Well, I mean, they might not make you feel amazing if you’re in a relationship, but you get it.
1. You don’t have to make room for anyone:
2. You know you don’t need anyone so you feel comfortable with this kind of thing:
3. But, uh, sometimes you get confused:
4. You can sleep peacefully:
5. You see stuff like this and it reminds you why you love not having to deal with men:
6. You know friends are almost always better than significant others:
7. Honestly, you’re 100 percent fine with this:
8. This is your aesthetic and you wouldn’t have it any other way:
9. You don’t need a relationship to thrive:
10. Honestly, food is your bae:
11. Sometimes you get lonely, but then you’re reminded of why that’s fine:
12. You’re happier when you don’t have to deal with relationship drama:
13. You have more time to devote to the things you love:
14. Honestly, blankets and pillows are a LOT more comfortable than a human:
15. You’re happy with how things are without someone else in the mix!
16. You don’t have to settle for anything that annoys you about someone:
17. You have much more time to think about the truly important stuff:
18. And honestly, you don’t get it when people think it’s weird:
19. You don’t feel the need to rush into something that doesn’t work because you’re fine where you are: