I️ don’t think I️ should have to be the one to convince you that, if you are a girl-identifying or girl-born person, it’s kind of stupid not to be a feminist. I️ mean, no
offense. But, also, like, full offense, because it’s true! Feminism—an ideology that fights for full equality of the sexes—is something that everyone should be able to get behind without too much trouble.
But, unfortunately, not everyone thinks that. In fact, some people think that they have some, um, compelling arguments against the whole concept of feminism i️n general. And maybe they will win you over! But probably not. Anyway, check out the stupidest things that have ever been said about feminism here:
1. This guy who thinks…feminism…killed…Rome:
2. The person who made…this:
3. And this:
4. And this???
5. When you’re a girl who only hangs out with guys because it’s “less drama:”
6. This (which was said in jest, but has probably been said by someone IRL at least:
8. As someone on Twitter said, “I don’t need feminism Bc I don’t understand what it means even though Google is free.”
11. I mean…basically:
If you’re a “woman who doesn’t need feminism” then I don’t wanna see you voting, driving, getting an education, or using birth control thx
— hoevember (@ti_ti___) October 23, 2017