If there is one thing in this world that I feel comfortable doing, it is making wide, sweeping assumptions about the people I encounter online. Or, at least, two wide, sweeping assumptions about the people I encounter online: 1) Absolutely no one is having any sex whatsoever, and, 2) Most people, it seems, are painfully, terribly shy.
The latter one–shyness–is (understandably) what seems to get the most attention. There are tons of jokes and memes about it online–so much so that, even if you aren’t all that shy, you’ll probably start to convince yourself that you are, in fact, the shyest person in teh world. And, hey–maybe it’s true for you! Either way, check out these things that you will find, relatable–painfully relatable, even–if you’re shy:
1. When you have to talk to another human being:
2. When you need the internet to survive but can’t do the one thing you need to get it:
3. Your main plan for becoming a millionaire before turning thirty:
4. When someone…gives you a compliment????
5. You at a party:
6. Your school career, basically:
8. Talking IRL may be hard for you, but texting? It’s a breeze:
9. Who can’t relate?
10. The biggest betrayal of all:
11. Your daily internal struggle:
13. Your biggest source of jealousy:
14. Any time you have a class presentation:
16. You flirting: