Now that Halloween is in the past, it’s officially the holiday season. I know, it feels like it starts earlier and earlier with every year, but I don’t make the rules here, okay? It’s as if the second it’s 12:01 AM on the first of November, Mariah Carey’s Christmas album rises from its year long slumber and plays incessantly in our heads until New Year. So, have you thought about what you want as a gift yet? Well, you better get started with those hints to your parents. But what if you’re feeling a little more giving this year and you want to focus heavily on giving your friends gifts this year?
Deciding to take the time to give holiday gifts to your friends is super mature and caring move to make, but let’s be real: We know you’re on a budget. You don’t have the coin to give your friend some Urban Decay palette or some super-luxe chashmere sweater from J. Crew that you know she’ll love. But you don’t have to go broke showing your friends that you value their friendship. If you want some affordable gift ideas, check out these 20 holiday gift ideas for $20 or less. And better yet, these are gifts that your friends will actually be able to use.
1. This cute patch for your chillest friend to stick on her backpack or denim jacket.
2. A killer Colourpop eyeshadow that packs a lot of pigment and punch for not a lot of money.
3. This creepy baby face mask that will actually make your skin look amazing afterwards (seriously, it’s unreal).
4. Balm Dot Com for the Glossier stan in your life (you already know who it is).
5. A copy of the sun and her flowers by Rupi Kaur for your one friend who reads too much Instagram poetry.
6. A vinyl of that album your BFF won’t shut up about (if they have a record player, of course).
7. This adorable collar pin set for someone who’s obsessed with Riverdale.
8. A really gorgeous candle that literally anyone would love. I mean, who doesn’t love candles TBH?
9. This cute cactus shaped catch-all for someone who always wears jewelry (and has a tendency to misplace her favorites).
10. A political shirt for any of your friends who really care about WTF is going on in this effed up world of ours.
11. Some pretty rose tinted sunglasses for your fashionable BFF who lowkey treats her Instagram account as her own personal style blog. Great for a denim heavy boho look or a killer contrast to an edgier look complete with leather jacket.
12. A little Clinque gift set that’s perfect for anyone who is either already into skincare or might want to start a routine.
13. A cute carrying case for that friend who has a zillion toiletries and you have no idea how she handles them all.
14. A fancy but simple red lipstick that almost anyone would appreciate as a gift, especially if they normally can’t afford a high end lipstick!
15. A UFO pin for a pal who is out of this world! Ha…ha ha…sorry guys.
16. A high quality nail polish that will actually last more than a few days for that one friend who always needs to have pained nails or she’ll die.
17. A cute lil’ mug for the coffee/tea drinker in your friend group.
18. A full coverage foundation that’s high quality, highly reviewed, and amazingly cheap. Yes, it exists! Great for a friend who is a makeup fiend or someone who is on a budget and can’t spend $42 on a foundation from Sephora.
19. A super user friendly, creamy, buildable blush for anyone who prefers a more natural and bare bones makeup look. I swear by it!
20. Clout goggles for a friend who is all about…that clout.