I don’t need to be the one to tell you that it is in your best interest to be a feminist, right? Like, if you are a person who identifies as female or has been born female (or are just, like, a person in general) you should know that an ideology that fights for equality of the sexes in a world in which women are not exactly treated well.
But, sometimes, it can be hard to know why you feel the way you do. Often, your own personal gender-based irritations and discrepancies between genders are always apparent in your own daily life, but it can sometimes be hard to express why, exactly, they bother you so much. Fortunately, you don’t actually have to do it all by yourself. There are a bunch of amazing feminist artists on pretty much every social media platform who have done the hard work themselves–by illustrating them. Basically, all you have to do is relate to them. And, chances are, you will! So, check out these illustrations that you will hardcore relate to if you’re a woman:
1. Going through a breakup as a straight girl vs. straight guy:
2. Having your principles constantly mistaken for anger by people who just…don’t get it:
3. Being tasked with the challenge of dressing your own body:
4. Enduring that constant feeling that the end is, like, totally nigh, but wanting to look good while you anticipate it:
5. Putting yourself out there:
6. Always being sexualized, whether you want to be or not:
7. Knowing you can say “no,” but not actually knowing how to do it:
9. That thing when people who don’t get periods really just don’t get periods:
10. Never knowing if you’re living up to your full potential:
11. Constantly being compared to “other girls:”
12. And, of course, constantly being pandered to:
13. Evergreen content!