If you are looking at this post, right here, right now, on this website, in the year of our Lord 2017, I feel comfortable in assuming that, at some point or another, you have sent at least one person a text message. If not, well, cool. Congratulations on your successful time traveling mission from 1810! In which case, instead of “cool,” I should probably say “swell” or “bully for you,” or something
But enough of the semantics! And back to the text messages. If you have ever sent one of those things, chances are good that you have even sent one to a potential (or current!) lover. And, of computer, that you know how difficult this—the act of sending a text message to a romantic interest—can be. What’s a girl to do? Well, I can’t tell you that exactly. But what I can tell you is what not to do. There are a lot of text messages that one should never send! Check them out here:
1. Why is this so…aggressive?
3. Ah, yes, let’s continue to perpetuate this “relationships are only valid if the girl is significantly smaller than the boy” trope:
5. Stop it!!!!
6. If you send this to someone–anyone!–you will be BLOCKED:
7. Who is sending this? Why are they sending it?
9. No THANK YOU:
10. Ah, yes–love to text random words to the person saved only as “Girl” in my phone:
12. Imagine getting this text!!!
13. How…was that even autocorrect?