At this point in your internet career, chances are pretty good that you are probably familiar with Just Girly Things. You know, the internet meme that rose to prominence in the early 2010s that takes a regular human activity that most people enjoy, such as “sleeping in on the weekends” or “Getting a haircut” and deciding that they must be specific to people who identify as girls.
Or, to be exact, you’re probably more familiar with the Just Girly Things parodies, which generally entail taking a real Just Girly Things post and superimposing it against, like, a Spongebob Squarepants quote, or writing something that seems like it’s a true Just Girly Things post, but writing something that, um, subverts the genre. You know, like this:
A good number of these parodies are very, very good. But, honestly? Most of the Just Girly Things posts do perfectly fine, humor-wise, on their own. (Not intentionally, of course, but that is just part of their charm!) So, check out these pure, unadulterated Just Girly Things posts that will definitely make you laugh out loud:
1. Ah, yes–as everyone knows, girl-identifying people are the only ones who are allowed to get a letter in the mail:
2. This semicolon…does not need to be there:
3. Nothing girlier than some good, old-fashioned salmonella!
4. Not many people know this, but ONLY girl eyes are able to see Christmas lights. To everyone else, they just look like mud:
5. Why, of all of the depictions of girl-guy friendships that have been displayed in popular media, does this one use Jacob and Bella from Twilight?
6. Lots to unpack here!
7. Who? Them!
8. This looks a little phallic, no?
9. Those petals do not look very relaxing!
10. How is this…girly?
11. These aren’t even socks! They are slippers!!!
12. This one feels a little, um, bleak:
13. Also bleak, potentially!
14. What is the truth?