When it comes to looking “mature” you probably mostly focus on things like makeup and outfit choices. The hair is often overlooked, even though it’s such an important part of the look. You might be rocking some amazing heels and red lipstick, but if your hair doesn’t fit the part, you could come off as…messy. Obviously, there is nothing wrong with some messy hairstyles here and there, but if you’re really looking to impress someone with your mature look, you’re going to need to work a little bit harder.
Of course, you don’t want to dye your hair grey and get a “mom” haircut, but you do want to look more ~adult~ and mature sometimes. Maybe you are going on a date or have an important meeting with a professor. You want to seem professional, but still cute. There are quite a few hairstyles that will make you seem mature while still staying trendy and chic. So, you can skip the pigtails and french braids, and try these looks when you want to come off as mature:
1. Medium-length hair with some waves is the ultimate “put together but still cute” look:
2. A high half-up half-down is ~flirty~ but also chic af. Pair it with a red lip for a glamorous movie star look:
3. Textured layers also give off a cool vibe. I mean, look how amazing this after photo is:
4. A braided crown looks super relaxed but also elegant AF:
5.. A chignon bun is super classy and perfect for mostly any occasion:
6. A topknot with some loose curls will look very ~adult~ but still trendy:
7. A short hairstyle with a side part looks very mature and put together. TBH, this style looks amazing on anyone.
8. Straight and sleek hair makes you look like you are a ~girl boss~ ready to take on the world. Try it with a middle part for a true Kim K-inspired look:
9. A barrette can add a classy element to any hair style, especially if it’s gold like this one:
10. A low ponytail also shows that you mean business. It’s nothing fancy, but it’s a nice way to keep your hair out of your face:
11. Braids normally make you look younger, but with a short haircut they add a pretty element to your whole look:
12. Pinning your curls to the side will get it out of your face and help you look more put together:
Grab a bunch of bobby pins and pin them to the side ? Products Used: @mydevacurl B leave in @cantubeauty Curl activating Cream + Extreme Stay Styling Gel . . . #chelliscurls #naturalhaircommunity #naturalhairdaily #protectivestyles #teamnatural #naturallyshesdope #naturalhair #berrycurly #curlyhair #kinky_chicks1 #curlbox #naturalhairjourney #naturalchixs #voiceofhair #kinkycurly #kinkychicks #berrycurly #hudabeauty #hairvideo #amazingnaturalhair #curlsoncurls #protectivestyles #thenaturalslife #luvyourmane #curlyculture #curlyafro #voiceofhair #unconditionedroots
13. A pretty twisted bun will give you a unique look:
14. Bangs tend to make you look younger, but when you pair them with a short bob, they look super cute and adult:
15. A simple half-up, half-down look helps you pull of the “I know what I’m doing” attitude, even if you don’t:
Are you going to try any of these hairstyles? Tell us in the comments!