Homecoming is kind of strange. For some high schools, it’s a really big deal including the kind of pomp and circumstance that reminds one of something like prom. For other high schools, it’s not a big deal at all – or it’s not even a thing. Example: in my high school, the homecoming pep rally and football game was a huge deal, but we didn’t have a dance. In Gurl writer Ashley’s high school, homecoming didn’t exist. And Gurl editor Sara went to a high school with a pretty big homecoming dance where being named homecoming queen was even more important than prom queen.
I don’t know what your high school is like, but if you have a homecoming dance to attend in the next few weeks, chances are good that you know what a homecoming proposal is. It’s basically a promposal, but for homecoming – AKA “hoco” for those in the know – and it’s… well, it’s extra AF, but would you expect anything less from this generation?
Homecoming proposals are fun to look at and probably fun to receive, although I do feel like they put a crazy amount of pressure on people. If you need some ideas to create your own or you just want to see some extra stuff that’s actually pretty cute, this is the right place for you. Here are some adorable homecoming proposals that are almost too sweet to make fun of (almost).
1. This creepy but cute It themed hoco proposal:
2. This duck proposal that included the cutest pool float ever created:
3. This horse themed proposal that incorporates the cutest yes/no boxes:
4. This perfectly millennial proposal that is simple but gets the point across:
5. This highlighter hoco proposal you’ll love if you love makeup:
6. This Disney themed proposal that incorporates a whole lot of fairytales:
7. This super personal hoco proposal that I actually really love:
8. This extremely sappy and corny proposal:
9. This delicious proposal that is also just a little demanding:
10. This teddy bear proposal that sort of makes me want to die:
11. This cute but sort of random Disney proposal:
12. This sweet and not over the top hoco proposal:
13. This Beauty and The Beast themed proposal that doesn’t really make total sense?
14. Another v themed proposal that was too good to ignore:
15. This candy themed proposal:
16. This hoco proposal created for someone who is clearly an introvert that I don’t really get?
17. This extremely corny proposal I can’t even be mad at because these two are so cute:
18. This proppsal I honestly don’t understand:
19. This fishing themed proposal anyone would appreciate:
20. This One Tree Hill proposal that would make any fan swoon:
21. This golf themed hoco proposal that is pretty sweet:
Which one of these homecoming proposals is your favorite? What did I forget to include? Share in the comments!