Fall might mean cooler temperatures, but that doesn’t mean you need to stash your skirts and dresses in the closet until next spring. One way to wear skirts throughout autumn and winter is to wear fabrics that are made for chillier weather. Suede is definitely one of those – it’s thicker, heavier, and it just looks perfect for fall. Suede skirts are great for casual, every day wear, and they can actually work through any season, which means you get a lot of bang for your buck. I, personally, am very into them. I have one in a tan color and just ordered another in black.
Unsure how to wear a suede skirt? They shouldn’t be that intimidating – they’re much more versatile than you would think. Although I think of them as better options for hanging with friends or going to school or work, they can also be dressed up a little. But if you need a little help, keep reading. Below are a whole bunch of outfit ideas featuring suede skirts, and every single one of them will inspire you to buy one for yourself and then raid your closet for things to wear with it.
1. For a classic *fall* outfit, wear your suede skirt with tights, ankle boots, and a cozy plaid blanket scarf.
2. Make a crop top work for fall by wearing it with a high-waist suede skirt, tights, and a cardigan.
3. Mix fabrics and wear your suede skirt with a cropped leather jacket. I love this look with bare legs (if the weather allows it!).
4. Lace up flats give a suede skirt a more feminine feel.
5. The perfect fall go-to outfit? A suede skirt, knee-high boots, and a cozy sweater. The statement sleeves on this sweater give this outfit a more unique spin.
6. You can also add accessories to stay cozier, like a big scarf and thigh high socks under your boots.
7. A lot of suede skirts are a tan/camel color, but you definitely don’t need to stick to that. A blue suede skirt is different and looks just as great with tights and a sweater.
8. Pair a colorful suede skirt with a graphic sweater, like this one with the cute fox face. Thigh high socks are also a comfy alternative to high boots.
9. Keep things casual on a slightly warmer day with flats and a denim jacket.
10. For a slightly more professional vibe, wear your suede skirt with a button down shirt and a pair of leather ankle boots.
11. Over the knee boots nicely balance out a simple tee and a suede skirt.
12. Instead of boots, wear your suede skirt with heels or flats. You can stay warm by pairing it with a turtleneck.
13. Suede boots look good with a suede skirt, but so do shiny leather boots. A poncho is a great layering option.
14. Camel colored suede skirts look perfect for fall when paired with a black top and shoes.
15. Another ideal autumn outfit? A suede skirt with a plaid shirt. Doesn’t get much more fall basic than that!
16. Stay casual and comfy by wearing your suede skirt with a pair of sneakers.
17. A suede skirt looks great with a slouchy sweater, but you can keep the look pulled together with a wide belt.
18. Keep the look a little more ~sexy~ by opting for a tight suede midi skirt.
19. Pick a more colorful skirt, like this green one, for a more unique take on the trend.
20. A leather jacket, black turtleneck, and black Oxford shoes keep a suede skirt looking chic and professional.
Which one of these outfits is your favorite? How would you wear a suede skirt? Let us know in the comments!