Whether you are currently a college student, have been to college, have friends in college, or one day plan to attend a college, I think we can all agree on at least one thing regarding college–it is a pretty crazy time! Or, to be more specific, it feels like a massive social experiment or simulation, simply based on the conditions people are put under. Like, college, basically, is just a bunch freshly legal adults living on their own for the first time ever to take classes and make connections that could impact them for the rest of their life. What could go wrong?
The answer to this, of course, is “everything.”Because of this, a lot of, uh, funny (slash dangerous, probably) stuff is known to go down during one’s college years. And, thankfully (for us), in this day and age, most of it is documented on the internet. So, check out these ~hilarious~ things that can pretty much only happen when you’re in college:
1. Your semester will start off well enough, but that won’t last:
2. Like, not at all:
3. In fact, you may find yourself thinking this at the beginning of every semester:
4. Your wits will be stretched to their fullest capacity:
i don't have any spooks or forks so i broke off a piece of a hanger so i could eat pic.twitter.com/5wh5SVfpxX
— childish sambino (@samiwert) May 11, 2017
5. You will be confronted by elements that you have never even seen before:
6. This will be your new contact list:
7. You may even find that your classic studying methods don’t work anymore:
8. Though, of course, it is possible that you may find your new professors’ teaching methods…unorthodox:
High school teachers: I'm MRS. HARDASS and you will take me SERIOUSLY
College profs: what up I'm Josh and class is cancelled cuz I'm tired
— Momma Becca (@HBecca2017) September 5, 2017
9. Perhaps unnervingly so:
High school teachers: "they won't have PowerPoints for you in college!!"
*every professor uses a PowerPoint presentation in every class*
— Connor Clay (@Connor_Clay) September 7, 2017
10. The key is not to text them, no matter how buddy-buddy they may seem:
— Patrick Pitts (@faux_patpitts) August 28, 2017
11. This is how it will feel when you turn in a research paper:
12. This may not seem like such a bad idea at some point (just, uh, don’t do it):
13. Nor will this:
14. Really makes you think:
HS Teacher – 6 page minimum essay to prepare you for college!
College Prof – Plz don't write over 2 pages, I don't wanna grade all of that.
— Mollz Ballz (@RoachMolly) August 30, 2017
15. Your parents might, um, change as soon as you move out:
I'm in college for not even a month & my mom rearranges my entire room just for my dog pic.twitter.com/ifQZ8XeBkK
— lena (@MaddieMini4) September 9, 2017
16. Though you can always find solace in your new friends’ parents:
How 2 get food in college:
1. b hungry all the time
2. Establish rep with ur friends
3. Have ur friends' parents bring food
5. Profit pic.twitter.com/1cpliBfpT8
— Chin (@mudswat) April 17, 2017
17. This meme will really speak to you, if it doesn’t already:
18. Ah, yes. College!
Are you in college? Did you find these posts to be accurate? Let us know in the comments!