If you ever get on Tumblr–you know, the popular microblogging platform that is responsible for most of the coffee table books you see when you walk into an Urban Outfitters–chances are good that you do so for a very specific reason. In many cases, this would be the jokes (Tumblr is one of the very funniest places on the internet, after all). It could also be the cutting-edge societal #discourse, a place to learn about human sexuality, or, maybe, a way to learn how to make the neatest, most aesthetically-pleasing class notes one could ever find. Me? I go there for inspiration when I am feeling blue.
This is not intentional, necessarily. I am not much for inspirational quotes and advice in the classical sense–every time I see a poster bearing the words “She Believed She Could, So She Did,” I have to suppress the urge to vomit –simply because I feel that things that were intentionally crafted specifically to be inspiring get hollower and hollower the more you think about them, and, because of this, often tend to subvert their own purpose. But, for whatever reason, I often find myself getting inspired when I get on Tumblr. (Which, it should be noted, could very well be a personal flaw of my own that leads me to trust an anonymous Tumblr user more than someone who has their very own Etsy shop that specializes in customizable poster design!) Either way, I have been inspired many, many times over the course of the many, many hours I have spent on Tumblr, and I think you will too. So, check out these Tumblr posts that, oddly enough, might change your life:
1. This little statement that will make your twenties less intimidating (plus, like, every other part of your life, tbh):
2. This reminder that, no matter what, there will always be at least one constant in your life:
3. This reminder of the only real squad you’ll ever need:
4. This amazing quote from (maybe?) your grandma:
5. This reminder that bisexual flowers are…perfect:
6. And this reminder of the importance of nice girls!
7. Do you need a man? No. You don’t:
8. This sage dad advice:
9. This quick friendship guide:
10. This set of words that soothes you just by reading it!
11. This quick little mood booster that works no matter what season it is:
12. This reminder that small little things you do very day can make your life better:
13. This cake that signals the light at the end of the tunnel:
14. This dating advice:
15. And, of course, this mantra that you must keep in mind every single day of your life:
16. And this one! Be well:
What do you think of these posts? Did any of them make you feel ~inspired~? Let us know in the comments!