You’re going to hate me for saying this again, but there is less than a week of summer left. (Forget about the fact that the first day of fall is September 22, summer ends for most of us on Labor Day.) You’ve probably seen some fall decorations in store and you might have come across people already talking about DIYing their Halloween costumes. And our beach days are sadly numbered.
If you’re someone who wished it could be summer all year round, you probably become a bit sadder each time you see a red leaf or talk about the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Cheer up, girl. I know that fall might not offer all of the things you love about summer, but there are some great things when the seasons change. And if those aren’t enough to make you feel better, might I suggest a beach-inspired tattoo?
We have tattoos that represent everything from loved ones to animals to our fondness for Disney, so of course there are tattoos for beach babes. If you’re looking for some ink inspiration, take a look at 21 beach-themed tattoos that will see you through the colder months.
1. How adorable is this shoulder tat? It says “I love the beach” without actually spelling it out.
2. It might not be in the shape of a sun, but this diamond-shaped palm tree tattoo is still rad.
3. Be in a constant palm tree state of mind with this cute ankle ink.
4. You might not think that a shark tattoo could be considered cute, but this one is.
5. This well-placed ink looks good whether you’re rocking low-rise jeans or your bikini.
6. I’m calling this watercolor palm tree. I love the placement of it and how it looks like it has been faded by the sun.
7. Because the beach looks just as pretty at night as it does during the day.
8. I sea those shells. Feel free to put your initial on the tat or leave it off.
9. A black palm tree tattoo is great, but one with a red and gold abstract sunset is even better.
10. Do you love linework tattoos as much as the beach? This is the tattoo for you, my friend.
11. So many beach tattoos, so little time. These are in a prime location for bikini season.
12. Show all of the love for the beach with a heart-shaped tattoo. Add a girly touch with a lace detail around the heart.
13. Attention girly girls: This is a very girly take on the traditional beach tat.
14. Now this is palm tree love…and water love…and shell love…and sunset love.
15. You will never lose this pair of sunglasses. Sorry, I had to.
16. You may not be able to own an actual island, but at least you can take a little “piece” with you.
17. Get this minimalist wave tattoo with your friends or get it by yourself.
18. Because everything is better with a pink flamingo.
19. When you look at this tat, you’ll probably get the Little Mermaid song stuck in your head.
20. Now that is beach goals. In the dark days of winter, roll up your sleeve to look at this ink, and you’ll feel better.
21. It may be black and white but this ink still has strong beach vibes. Just imagine you’re in that hammock.
Have you ever considered getting a beach-themed tattoo? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!