If you are the type of person who has a moderate-to-severe obsessive personality, and you have recently discovered a new television program, chances are good that you spend a lot of your time thinking about it. Or, perhaps, most of your time. All of your time, even.
Or, perhaps, I am projecting on all of you. I am the type that does have a bit of an obsessive personality, and, because of this, I spend most of my time thinking about the various forms of entertainment (currently Riverdale, Jane The Virgin, and Outlander, if you are wondering) I hold dear to my heart.
Anyway, I don’t feel too bad about these obsessions, because, if there is one thing that the internet has taught me, it is that there is always at least one person out there who is more obsessed than the level I have deemed to be “too far.” Like, so obsessed with something that they will go ahead and create an alternate universe for their current obsession. And, to be honest, I find it quite comforting. So, check out these things that would (maybe) happen if your favorite TV shows took place in a different universe. And, hey–maybe they’ll inspire you to create your own:
1. I will start this off with this–amazing, accurate, earth-shattering–imagining of Friends taking place, for whatever reason, in 1918:
2. Here’s Sherlock and Watson of Sherlock imagined as Gatsby and Nick, respectively, of The Great Gatsby:
3. And Watson and Sherlock in…Star Trek?? IDK! It works!
4. Clara Oswald of Dr. Who imagined (rightfully) as a Slytherin:
5. And here is an imagined conversation between Sherlock (Sherlock) and Dean (Supernatural):
6. The cast of Riverdale re-imagined as The Breakfast Club!!!!
(I’d switch Betty and Jughead, personally, but the overall concept works.)
7. And here are the core four’s Instagram accounts:
8. If I am going to be totally honest here, I will say that I could look at these fake Instagram accounts aaallll day–like, for example, these ones for Supergirl:
9. And Pretty Little Liars:
10. I mean!!!
11. The Bold Type is a relatively new show, but, all the same, it has inspired some GREAT fake Instas:
12. Like, these Kadena texts are…everything:
13. Anyway. Here’s a nice 30 Rock/Harry Potter tone shift:
14. And here’s, um, Hannibal x Spongebob (Hannibob?)
15. And here is Spongebob as an anime! Goodbye!!!
SOMEONE MADE SPONGEBOB AS AN ANIME OPENING
I'M CALLING THE POLICE pic.twitter.com/yC1xKbdzvt
— ? MALEEK ? (@GeekMaleek) August 24, 2017
What do you think of these AUs? Did any of them seem realistic to you? Let us know in the comments!