Like most people, a pretty sizable chunk of my childhood was spent watching, consuming, and thinking about Disney movies and their byproducts. I’d watch The Little Mermaid every Friday night, wear my Snow White costume every Halloween, and play with my Cinderella Barbie doll every day after school.
My relationship with Disney has become a bit more fraught in recent years–mainly, I will admit, due to the adult people on my Facebook feed being so freaking extra about Disney all the time!!!–but my nostalgic tether to Disney movies is strong enough that I feel compelled to engage with pretty much any kind of Disney-related content that comes my way. Including, of course, Disney jokes and memes, no matter how stupid they may be and no matter how dumb I feel after looking at them. If you feel the same way, check out these (sorta inappropriate) jokes that, no matter how you feel about Disney today, will almost certainly change the way you see your favorite childhood movies:
1. This very ASTUTE Zootopia/Frozen comparison:
2. This excellent close reading of a Beauty and the Beast line you may not have thought about before:
3. This accurate imagining of what Cinderella was ACTUALLY thinking throughout the movie:
4. This foolproof breakup advice from Frozen:
5. This imagining of Sleeping Beauty that is so you:
6. This Frozen meme that is also so you:
7. Whatever, um, this is:
8. And this????
9. And THIS masterpiece!!!!
10. This image that might convince you that Frozen and Beauty and the Beast are, in fact, connected:
11. This meta AF joke from Moana:
12. This TRUE meaning of LGBT:
13. This oddly sweet body positivity advice from Winnie the Pooh:
14. This astonishingly accurate read on Belle:
15. And, finally, this edit that reflectes exactly how you feel this semester, probably:
What do you think of these posts? Did any of them shock you? Let us know in the comments!