The world is a scary place right now. Of course, the world has always been and will always be a scary place–there have always been wars, there have always been murderers, there have always been people who do their best to make other people feel afraid to be alive–but the white supremacist march that occurred this past weekend in Charlottesville that left three people dead and exposed the fact that the president of the United States is more willing to condemn Nordstrom and Snoop Dogg than actual Nazis, somehow made the world seem much scarier than usual.
There are many things you can do to try and make the world feel a little better. You can participate in marches and demonstrations. (The safe ones.) You can start a program at your school to help counter the efforts of ones that any of your budding Nazi, alt-right peers have started. You can get involved with politics in your area to make sure that the people you want to be in office actually end up in office.
But there is also something to be said for decompressing. Not from culpability–anyone who can be doing something right now should be doing something right now–but from the overwhelming feeling that the world is closing in around you that come come from checking and re-checking your Twitter feed right now. There was a great piece in the New York Times yesterday on how celebrity gossip can help one to feel sane in times such as these, and I agree! Only, in this particular time, the only thing that can make me feel sane are some very dumb jokes.
Perhaps you can relate? If so, check out these stupid jokes that will make you stupid for laughing about them, but you’ll be laughing anyway, so it’s okay:
1. This wild AU fanfic:
2. This photoset that has Lena Dunham blurred out for some reason???
3. These famous last words:
4. This rare footage of Drake in a competitive ping pong tournament:
5. This sweet life hack:
6. This photo of you just trying to get through the day:
7. This startling revelation:
8. This reminder to always work hard for the Succ:
9. This real live photo of a guy taking the photo he’s going to use to ruin some poor girl’s life:
10. This sehxie pigeon:
11. This sweet prank:
12. This cursed photo:
13. This extremely accurate realization we have all had at some point or another:
14. The truth about white girls:
15. This yummy snack:
16. This Russian cat having unrestrained summer fun:
17. This highly sexualized Mickey Mouse:
18. This, which is probably exactly what you do when your laptop starts acting up:
19. And finally, this Suspicious Egg:
Did you laugh at these jokes? Which ones? Let us know in the comments!