Out of all of the things that you are buying for college, tech items are probably pretty low on your list. You have your phone and computer, so what more do you need, really? This was exactly what I thought when I was packing for school… and then I dropped my phone the first week and completely shattered it. So, my first college lesson learned was that you should always have a REAL phone case, not a flimsy Harry Potter-themed one, like what I had. But enough about me, let’s talk about you.
Going off to college is scary, but it’s a little less scary when you are prepared. A good way to be prepared is to think about all of the possible things that can go wrong, and plan ahead. Think you’ll lose your keys? Think you’ll drop your computer? Think your phone will die while you are taking a Snapchat? It happens to all of us. Luckily for you there are some pretty simple tech items that can solve all of these problems and more. If you want to try some tech items that will help your college career, check these out! I promise you won’t regret it.
1. A trendy marble laptop case that makes your computer look much fancier:
Marble Case, $16, Urban Outfitters
2. A smartphone printer so you can hang all of your photos on your wall:
It makes photo collages super easy!
3. A tracker so you won’t ever lose your phone, wallet, or keys, which is VERY important:
4. A portable charger so you’re never left with a dead phone on the other side of campus:
5. A watch is still very important for checking the time during class, since you probably can’t check your phone:
6. A heavy duty phone case. Those cute little ones are trendy, but won’t protect your phone as well as the bigger ones:
7. A USB-powered humidifier, to keep your room comfortable:
8. A wireless speaker so you and your roommates can listen to music:
9. Or, headphones so that you can ~privately~ listen to your music when you’re roommate is being annoying AF:
10. A flash drive is REALLY important so you can save all of your essays that take you 98867 hours to write:
11. A USB fan to keep you cool in your room:
12. A cup warmer to keep your coffee hot in the winter:
13. A camera extension for your phone, so you can take even BETTER selfies with your new college BFFs:
14. A wireless mouse, since we all know trackpads can be REALLY annoying to deal with then you are working in certain programs:
15. A money transferring app like Venmo or Square Cash is actually really important when you need to split costs with your friends but have no cash! Believe me, I’ve been there.
Are you going to use any of these items? Tell us in the comments!