I, like the rest of the world, had photos hanging on my dorm wall the first two years of college. I don’t blame you if you do this, since it’s a good way to keep those iconic high school memories relevant and remember how good you looked at prom. It’s easy and quick and a good way to cover your walls so you aren’t just starting at gross cement for nine months. You put the pictures on the wall then probably took a photo of that wall and Instagrammed it for a classic “#college!” pic. Very relatable, IMO. But, at some point in your college career, hanging photos will get a little old. Sorry!
Obviously, if you want to hang photos you should, but there are some ways to make your dorm look cool without adding a photo collage. Honestly, your dorm will look a lot cooler if you go for a different ~aesthetic~. Sure, you could hang a tapestry or two, but you also want to stand out a little bit at school, right? Everybody will have a photo collage or a mandala tapestry (no hate, it’s just very popular) so if you want to stand out from all of the other thousands of students at your school, you should look into alternate decor options. I know you might think that walls of photos and lights are easy, but there are some really cute ways to decorate besides that! Keep your photos on your Instagram, and check out these other things to put on your dorm walls.
1. Fancy clipboards for a chic look:
2. Some cute flags:
3. A washi tape design:
4. An antique map:
5. Hang some (fake) flowers:
6. Add gold frames for a chic look:
7. Or some cute DIY tassels:
8. DIY a shelf and add some shelves and art:
9. Add a fake wreath and some letters:
10. Put up some cool prints:
11. Make your own banner with a phrase or saying that’s important to you:
12. Add a neon sign for a Tumblr-esque room:
13. Give your room ~life~ with some plants:
14. Make your own garland:
15. Add pom-poms for a fun look!:
16. Hang up your records to show off your ~music taste~:
17. Hang some embroidery!:
Are you going to do any of these? Tell us in the comments!