Some people might think of pencil cases as basic things to hold your cool school supplies, but I always like to think of my pencil case as a second purse. Why settle for just some basic black bag when you can have a pencil case with a pretty pattern and cool shape? Plus, it seems a little wrong to put all of those pretty school supplies in just any old sack after you spent time carefully selecting those colored pencils, pencils, and rulers.
There are lots of pretty pencil cases that you can buy, but you could also create your own one-of-a-kind pencil case by DIYing one. Before you write it off as being really complicated, it’s not. You don’t need to be an expert seamstress and you don’t need to have a crafting station that’s as intense as your dad’s workshop. Get inspired by these adorable (and easy!) pencil case DIYs.
1. Grab your glue gun and scissors and start making this fringed pencil case. You’ll probably want enough material so you can also make a larger clutch.
2. How cute is this idea? I love how it’s like a makeup brush holder but for your school supplies.
3. And here’s idea #329 about what you can do with duck tape.
4. I’m not really sure what to call this shape. I just know that it’s a lot more interesting than stuffing your school supplies in a plastic bag.
5. And the award for the most kawaii pencil case goes to…this one. Everything about it is adorable from the face to the shape.
6. Does adding a zipper to anything intimidate you? Forget about it and craft a drawstring pencil case. Problem solved.
7. I’m sorry but there is no age restriction on this pencil case. Try the cat, alien, or come up with your own creature.
8. This is actually a very simple shape, but the contrasting fabrics take it to the next level.
9. A drawstring shape is easy to make and it will hold all of your supplies. And if you choose a world map fabric, it will help you in geography class.
10. Feeling ambitious? Try a pencil case with two zippers. If you can do one zip, you can do two. Plus, who doesn’t love more storage?
11. If you can sew, you will want to try this pencil case out. It’s basically two H’s stuck together with a zipper in the middle. If it’s easier for you, try hand sewing the zip.
12. Candy addict? Show your love of the sweet stuff with this pencil case. I give you full permission to buy two new candy packages just for this DIY.
13. Ever wondered how they created this shape of pencil case? Well, now you know.
14. Attention crafting newbies: This is a no-sew pencil case. You’re welcome.
15. There’s no guessing what’s in this pencil-shaped pencil case. Don’t let the multiple fabrics intimidate you because they help give the case its structure.
16. There are a lot of things that you can do with an old pair of jeans. This sleek pencil case is just one of the great ideas.
17. A pencil case constructed out of a roll of toilet paper? Stay with me because the roll allows you to get a chic cylindrical shape.
Have you ever made your own pencil case? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!