If you have a sister, you probably know that, a lot of the time, this relationship can be… complicated. To say the least. I don’t want to inject my own anecdotal experience into your narrative, but most of the time, having a sister tends to mean fighting over clothes, fighting over makeup, fighting over that time you accidentally threw up on them on a family ski trip, and, um, fighting over pretty much everything else.
told my coworkers the classic story about the time i puked on my sister during a family ski trip and guess what? they think i’m disgusting
— Sara Hendricks (@shendrickslamar) January 11, 2017
In fact, the sister relationship is so tumultuous that when (and, uh, if) you make it out on the other side of it and realize that you actually kind of like each other, that’s a good enough reason as any to get a tattoo, right? The best part is that if you and your sister get tatted together, you can just chalk it up to a “sisterly bonding” activity, which means that your parents can’t even get mad at you. And, really, what more do you need? So, check out these adorable matching tattoos that you and your sister pretty much have to get:
1. This is a tiny one that your parents might not even notice:
2. This one is a little less subtle! But, still–it’s pretty cute:
3. If you and your sister are big Disney fans, you kind of need to get this one:
4. Maybe you have TWO sisters!
5. Which, of course, means that you just have more ways to get tatted:
6. If you want to get literal, you can try this one:
7. Or this:
8. Or, for a slightly less literal interpretation, you can both get the congruence symbol:
9. Or this super cute pinky swear tattoo:
10. These big and little dipper constellation tattoos are cute, too, especially if you and your sister like being outside:
12. EXTRA aw!!
13. This is a cool way to mark yourself as the younger or oldest sibling without having to spell it out:
14. If your sister is actually your twin, this is a sweet way to symbolize it:
15. Not sure what to do? Just follow your, um, heart. So to speak:
What do you think of these tattoos? Would you and your sister ever get them? Let us know in the comments!