At this point in your life, chances are pretty good that you’ve managed to withstand your fair share of abuse from some of the older people in your life because of what they assume you have done, simply by being a millennial. You are familiar with the many things millennials have ruined for everyone else, I assume? Things like breakfast cereal, the golf industry, and marriage?
Of course, the millennial label has a lot more nuance than this–like, if you’re a teenager now, you’re technically not even a millennial, despite what your grandparents might say. But, when it’s being applied to you by, like, an old, cranky person, you can basically assume that it’s being used as a blanket term for a young person who uses a smartphone, takes the occasional selfie, and has maybe gone to brunch and ordered an avocado toast while you were there. So, whether you are a true millennial or someone everyone else just assumes is a millennial, you’ll probably relate to all of these things anyway:
1. You would die for the ‘cado toast:
2. You revel in the knowledge that, actually, there is no future:
3. You love your phone more than life itself:
Old people: Millennials are ruining things.
Millennials: You ruined the economy
Old people: Yeah but you spend too much time on your phone.
— TechnicallyRon (@TechnicallyRon) February 16, 2016
4. What’s a “cow?”
The Telegraph have officially run out of things to attack millennials for pic.twitter.com/e4UYVeOsg9
— Alex Finnis (@AlexFinnis) July 31, 2017
5. A “book?” Can’t relate!!!!
6. Ruining institutions is…bae:
7. Almost as bae as selfie sticks:
8. And finding the like button on that binch!!! (A baby):
9. You’re cool with waiting a little bit for a table at brunch:
Cashier: Sorry for your wait! We're short staffed
Millennial: It's fine! Don't worry! ?
Middle Aged Woman: pic.twitter.com/1DEDHuP5sj
— Steven (@IIIIIMCMXCV) March 11, 2017
10. Because, at the end of the day, you, like most millennials are going to be forced to harvest organs on Tinder:
My generation loves brunch because it's two hours of distraction from the fact we'll never own real estate.
— braden graeber (@hipstermermaid) March 19, 2017
12. JUST A THOUGHT:
12. Of course, if there is one thing that is universally appealing to the millennial, it is being a special snowflake:
13. And makin’ babies with a computer (the sexiest part here is that you can actually afford a printer that works):
14. There are idiot millennials…and wise millennials:
*At the shops*
Idiot millenial: "duhhh can I have a million dollars of avocado"
Me (smiling wisely): "One house please".
— Callum (@rasta_dad) May 15, 2017
15. Though, at the end of the day, the question remains–which generation is really the wiser one?
Are you also a millennial? Did you ~totally~ relate to these things? Let us know in the comments!