Like most sound-minded people, there are few things that I fear more than the combination of the words “matching” and “tattoos.” I am not against tattoos, per se–in fact, I rather enjoy them–but the idea of getting something inked onto my body, permanently, while someone else gets the exact same thing tattooed onto their body (also permanently) makes me want to peel all the skin off my body so I make sure I never do it to myself.
But, then again, this queasy reaction is almost certainly due to the fact that most matching tattoos tend to be associated with romantic couples. And, unfortunately, the reality of romantic relationships is that, in the majority of cases, they end at some point. This isn’t always a bad thing (a finished relationship isn’t necessarily a failed relationship, in my opinion), but I’m going to go ahead and say that you probably don’t want that avocado tattoo that you and your ex got printed on your body for the rest of your life.
But matching tattoos aren’t always that risky–like, say, if you and your best friend want to get some matching tats. Sure, something catastrophic could happen, but if you’ve been friends with someone for a good number of years, chances are pretty good that you will continue to be friends. And, if this friendship is special to you, why shouldn’t you commemorate it with a tattoo? So, check out these super cute best friend tattoos that, if you’re into tattoos, you and your BFF really need to get:
1. These PB&J tattoos are…so cute:
2. And this Ohana tatoo? Everything!!
3. If you have two best friends, these flower tattoos are a cute, subtle option:
4. This is so sweet!
5. If you and your BFF are both obsessed with Friends, there isn’t really a question of what your matching tattoo should be:
6. More of a Gilmore Girls fan? Don’t worry–there’s a tattoo option for you, too:
7. This pinky swear tattoo is making me cry!
8. If you ever want to look down and think of your BFF, this tattoo is a great way to do it:
9. Do you and your bestie have a mischievous side? If so, you need these “double trouble” tattoos:
10. Or, if you and your BFF have more of a Yin-Yang thing going on, these tattoos work as a good reminder:
11. These heart tattoos are so tiny that barely anyone would notice them without you pointing them out, but they’re still a super cute thing to try with your best friend:
12. Are you and your best friend in different Hogwarts houses? No worries! Just work it out with a tattoo:
13. This ride or die tattoo is super cute because–well, you know:
15. I mean. If your BFF is your soul sister, you kind of have to get this. Right?
What do you think of these tattoos? Would you and your BFF ever get them? Let us know in the comments!