I know you don’t need another reminder, but I’m going to say it anyways: The countdown to school is on. We still have a lot of summer left, but those annoying back-to-school ads make us realize that Monday morning algebra classes will soon be a reality.
No one really wants to think about math, but there actually are some pleasant topics related to school, and that includes back-to-school prep. You’re probably thinking about all of your next-level notebook ideas and how to update your wardrobe, but it’s also time to think about beauty. A new school year is the perfect time to have a makeover. For 2017, you cannot go wrong with a trendy lob haircut. (FYI: That’s long bob.)
A long bob still gives you enough length to tie your hair back, but it doesn’t feel like you’re lugging around five pounds of hair. What’s more, there is a long bob to suit every face shape and hair texture. Want proof? Take a look at 18 of the hottest lobs you will want to rock in September.
1. Do you cringe at the thought of curling your hair under? Well, this look will make you reconsider the style. In the right lob, it’s actually very modern.
2. The hair-over-the-eyes trick is always super sexy, but it can sometimes look awkward IRL. There is nothing awkward about this fierce look.
3. You cannot go wrong with tousled, ombre waves. Fact. I’m also digging this off-center part and the half-ear tuck on the one side.
4. We can always count on Lucy Hale for major beauty inspo and she does not disappoint with this wavy lob. Pass the curling iron, please.
5. It’s all about the shape of this cut. Notice the way it tapers in at the ends and the placement of the bangs?
6. The best lob haircuts look as good from the side as they do the front. The way the hair gradually gets longer here is so pretty.
7. When her hair looks this good from the back, just imagine how good it will look from the front. #Slay
8. Lobs are meant to be an easy hairstyle. This gorgeous one is, but it doesn’t look sloppy.
9. When I describe this lob as “fluffy,” I mean it in the best possible way. This is what voluminous hair is all about.
10. Would you look at the volume on her gorgeous curls? When you’re blessed with textured hair like that, you want to ensure your cut enhances it.
11. Girls with curly hair: You do not need to be scared of cutting your hair short. See this look for proof.
12. Lobs don’t have to hit above your shoulders. This longer bob has plenty of length to play around with.
13. Think big hair isn’t for you? Think again. This is how you bring retro waves into this decade.
14. Here’s your proof that when you have messy hair, you can have your best hair day. Go and mess up that part right now.
15. Selena Gomez is one flawless creature and she has definitely mastered the wispy lob. Take the photo to your hairstylist for inspiration.
16. The center part and super sleek shape are dynamite, but the ombre color takes this long bob to the next level.
17. Now this is beach babe hair. Even if you don’t have blonde locks, you’ll still get a surfer girl vibe with this effortless hairstyle.
18. Everything about this lob slays from the color to the cut to the bangs.
Would you ever try a lob haircut? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!