Tattoos are pretty in right now. Of course, you probably don’t even need me to tell you this because, chances are, you’ve already noticed this in a big way. Tattoos are not only in, they’re practically everywhere right now, from armpit tattoos to tiny finger tattoos to Harry Potter tattoos. And, with all of these tattoo concepts swarming around, hardly anyone could blame you if you were looking into getting one yourself. Looking for some inspiration? You might want to look into rockabilly tattoos.
“Rockabilly,” if you aren’t familiar, is an early style of rock and roll music that blends country music with blues. (Think Johnny Cash.) This music is also associated with a distinct sartorial style that involves 1950s pinup-type clothes with a decidedly “edgy” vibe to it–which, of course, involves tattoos. (Think “I Kissed A Girl”-era Katy Perry.)
Anyway, rockabilly tattoos are pretty unavoidable on Pinterest right now, and, while they might not be for everyone–no one could ever call most of them “subtle,” that’s for sure–they’re definitely worth looking into if you want to make a statement. So, check out these cool Rockabilly tattoos that might just inspire you to get one:
1. See? I told you Johnny Cash would come up here:
2. And that vintage Katy Perry style:
3. Here is a nice rockabilly cat:
4. A hand tattoo:
5. Or, if you prefer, a knuckle tattoo:
6. Rock and roll lovers ONLY!!!
7. Of course, you also have a few of the requisite pinup girl tattoo to work with:
8. More than a few, in fact:
9. This one is cute!
10. If you do want something a little smaller, you can do that, too:
11. See? Small! Cute!
12. Or, you know. Not small. But still cute:
13. In any case, no matter what you choose to do…
14. Whether it’s big:
15. Or small:
16. It’ll definitely make a statement:
What do you think of these tattoos? Would you ever get one? Let us know in the comments!