Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about Harry Potter. Or, specifically, how long the Harry Potter empire is going to last. There is a time when I would have had a very specific answer to such a question, which would have been “forever and ever and ever, thank you very much.” And, for the most part, I still think this. Harry Potter is an institution! Its sheer number of continuing sales prove this (and, even if they didn’t, JK Rowling would ensure that the, ahem, conversation endured through her Twitter feed) but I think its nature has changed–what was once some books, some movies, and, like, Mugglenet has spawned a bunch of plays, spinoff movies, and, of course, the never-ending internet #discourse on pretty much every facet of Harry Potter. It’s not bad! Just different.
Anyway, this was essentially just a long-winded way of saying that the Harry Potter fandom has bled out into other corners of the internet in ways that some older fans of the series might not recognize. And, one part of this new culture that I have found myself particularly fascinated by lately is Harry Potter-themed relationship goals. It is true that relationship goals are not usually something that I love, and it is also true that there is a lot of Harry Potter content on the internet that is, um, worthy of some side-eye. Still, all the same, I can’t help but have a bit of a soft spot for some of the Harry Potter relationship goals I’ve come across. I don’t know why. Let’s not think about it too much! Instead, check out some of the cutest Harry Potter relationship goals right here and see if you agree:
1. These cute li’l Valentine’s Day cards:
2. This Harry Potter promposal:
3. And, for the next level, this Harry Potter proposal (but also this is sort of rude to do to a Harry Potter book?):
4. This Harry Potter engagement:
5. This (maybe fake?) Harry Potter couple:
6. This (also potentially fake) meet cute:
7. All of these might be fake, but you know what? They’re cute!
8. A perfect sext:
Relationship goals: randomly getting texts from bad Harry Potter cartoons pic.twitter.com/hjrobFPbbx
— Riley ? (@lil_bluebirb) January 13, 2017
— Hilarity (@Hilaritysocial) May 24, 2017
10. The most perfect sexts:
11. Halloween goals!
12. Sock goals:
13. Bouquet goals:
14. I don’t usually endorse matching couple tattoos, but you know what? As long as you love Harry Potter, this works as a standalone piece, too!
What do you think of these goals? Would you ever try any of them out? Let us know in the comments!