Do you have stretch marks? If so, congrats! This means that you’re just like most of the other people you know, given that pretty much everyone on this earth–even your favorite generic Instagram fitness queen–has stretch marks on some part of their body. But, another thing you’ve probably noticed in addition to your stretch marks is how, for whatever reason, there seems to be a lot of shame attached to them.
Cinta Tort Cartró, a 21-year-old artist from Spain, has been making headlines recently because of her mission to change that through her body-positive art. In most of her pieces, she paints rainbow-colored designs over things like stretch marks and period stains that are common for many women, but also tend to carry a lot of stigma. On her Instagram page, she uses the hashtag “#manchoynomedoyasco,” which roughly translates to “I stain myself and I’m not disgusted.” Cartró told Yahoo! Beauty that, with this movement, she hopes to show that “everyone is beautiful and those ‘flaws’ are not that. They make us unique and special.”
So, if you have stretch marks, you can rest easy knowing that you don’t have to do a single thing about them if you don’t want to. But, if you do feel like decorating your stretch marks–plus some other “imperfections” on your body–here’s some inspiration on how to do so:
1. Here’s how Cartró paints over the stretch marks:
2. Which, of course, you can do, too:
3. No matter where your stretch marks appear:
4. You can also get some tattoos on your hips to accentuate them:
5. Any stretch marks you have will just serve to add texture to the piece:
6. Lots of people call stretch marks “tiger marks,” so this would be a cool tattoo, too:
7. This one is a cool homage to periods and inner-thigh stretch marks:
8. This one, too:
9. It’s worth throwing a #freethenipple in here, too:
10. You can also add a quick stripe of glitter to highlight your stretch marks:
11. Or just, you know, have them out:
12. After all, your stretch marks are cool! Wear ’em with pride:
Do you have stretch marks? Would you ever paint them? Let us know in the comments!