Like most people in the world, I like Harry Potter. But, at some point in my childhood –roughly between the ages of seven and seventeen — I loooooved Harry Potter. This interest (or, rather, all-encompassing obsession) peaked when I was in high school, when I would spend the hours that I wasn’t doing homework re-reading every Harry Potter book, making lists of my favorite characters (which changed by the day) and trawling the internet for fan art to send to my similarly-obsessed friends.
I don’t know when, exactly, I stopped doing this–just that one day, I stopped re-reading every book, stopped ranking my Lunas and my Freds and my James Potters, and stopped searching for highly-specific alternate universe Harry Potter fan art. Still. That sort of passion never really goes away. And, if ever I am looking to reignite it, the first thing I do is look for fan art. (Which, thankfully, no one has stopped making.) And, today, we are going to do that together. So, whether you’re rabidly obsessed with Harry Potter or not, let’s look at some Harry Potter fan art that will probably make you cry:
1. Well, here’s the trio:
2. And this absolutely TRAGIC depiction of young Aunt Petunia:
3. James Potter with baby Harry :'(:
4. When Harry asked Luna to the Yule Ball with him as a friend, it was the first time anyone had asked her to do ANYTHING with them as a friend, MY HEART:
5. What if Sirius had never gone to Azkaban???
6. What if Hedwig never died????
7. Lupin never thought he would find love because he’s a werewolf!!!!!
8. And Draco basically never even had any love, which means that any time someone shows him affection he can’t handle it!!!!!!!!!
9. Anyway. Are you ready for some Fred and George stuff that will just make you…lose it?
10. George with his son, Fred:
11. George’s first day back at the joke shop:
12. George looking in the Mirror of Erised 🙁
13. This is rude:
14. Also rude:
15. Snape, in my opinion, is undeserving of a redemption arc. But…still:
17. Anyway. Fancy a palate cleanser?
Did you, too, weep at this fan art? Which one was your fave? Let us know in the comments!