You know what I love? Discovering cool things to do with random household objects. I love how a toothpick can give you an on point manicure and how candy wrappers can make the cutest accessories. It’s not just the repurposing that appeals to me. It’s also the fact that when I’m upcycling something, I’m also saving my hard-earned dollars as opposed to buying something new.
One item that you can do a ton of things with is duct tape. You might not think you have any, but I can guarantee that your parents have rolls upon rolls of the stuff in the garage somewhere. And I’m sure they would be perfectly happy to give it to you to get your DIY on.
If you have your rolls ready, note that there are so many different duct tape DIYs that it can actually sometimes be overwhelming. If you’re new to using it, the best place I recommend you start is accessories. Why? 1. It’s one of the easier options. 2. Who is going to say no to more accessories? On that note, take a look at 17 amazing accessories you can create with duct tape.
1. Hair bows are very hot right now. So, why not make your own duct tape ones? They literally take seconds to do.
2. This necklace will look amazing no matter what kind of duct tape you use. Promise.
3. The duct tape wallet is an absolute classic. Upgrade a basic one for a fun leopard print style with a gold butterfly.
4. How many times have you wanted to bring a water bottle, but you’ve been forced to carry it because it wouldn’t fit in your tiny bag? This is the solution, my friends.
5. This is genuinely one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen made out of paper clips and duct tape. The necklaces look so chic.
6. TBT: This duct tape purse has a better design than a lot of regular ones you can buy at the store.
7. Even if you’re not a bracelet girl, you might find that you are after seeing (and making) this one.
8. This tutorial can be adapted to fit any size head, big or small.
9. You probably don’t want to be thinking about school, but you will want to remember this pencil case. Who would have thought that a plastic bag and tape could produce something so cool?
10. This is way too pretty to save for prom. Make it a bit smaller so you can wear it every day.
11. Looking to upgrade your sandals? What about your bag? Or even a notebook? You can tweak this flower tutorial to suit almost anything.
12. Can you imagine that it’s this easy to whip up a duct tape hat?
13. It’s not a wallet. It’s not a purse. It’s a wallet purse, and it’s awesome. Do yourself a favor and go hunt down that mustache duct tape. You won’t regret it.
14. I’m all about this bracelet. Yes, it will take a bit of precision to get the layering right, but the effort will be worth it. Trust.
15. Is your phone case looking a bit sad? Has it started to yellow and half of the photo has faded away? Upgrade it with this colorful DIY duct tape case.
16. Yes, what you are looking at is a pair of duct tape shoes. They might not be the best to wear every single day, but it’s a brilliant hack for Halloween.
17. If I saw someone rocking these earrings on the street, I wouldn’t think they were made out of duct tape.
Have you ever made anything with duct tape? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!