The beauty world is super fun right now, and one of the reasons for that is that the trends are anything but simple – they tend to be more on the bold, unique, and colorful side. Take, for example, the colored eyeliner trend. Rimming your eyes in a bright liner rather than black or brown creates a really fun pop of color that makes your look stand out. It’s one of the surprisingly wearable trends from the runways, and something you should absolutely take advantage of during the summer months, when you’re expected to make color a part of your outfit.
Bright eyeliner might seem intimidating, but it isn’t always a huge statement. You can do colorful liner in a more subdued way that is still fun… or, of course, you can choose to stand out in any crowd with something bold and unapologetic. Not sure how to get started? The below ideas show some amazing ways to wear bright colored eyeliner that will make you haul your butt to the store to buy some new product. One of the keys to make this look work? Pair it with low-key makeup so that it’s the star of the show. Another tip? Own it! This trend looks best with confidence.
1. Try swiping bright liner above your usual black liquid liner to create a thick wing.
2. Keep it simple with one small flick of a bright liner in the outer corner, like hot pink – or whatever shade you choose.
3. Use a bright color to create a regular wing, then create a similar shape in the inner corner of your eye for something different.
4. Swipe on a bright liner, then add a tough of a gold glitter liner for a really pretty look.
5. Use a pastel color, like blue, for an unexpected hue. You don’t even need eye shadow with something like this!
6. Create a thick winged line with a bright tangerine eyeliner for the perfect summer look.
7. Have fun with your look by creating a rainbow liner vibe.
8. Add colored liner underneath your eye rather than on the lid.
9. If you don’t want to line under your whole eye, just do a flick of bright color underneath the wing of black liner.
10. Do something totally unexpected for a look that is super bold, like bright yellow eyeliner.
11. Add a swipe of glittery gold eyeliner on top of a black line for a fun party look.
12. Go for something more subtle with a lilac color – smudging it out keeps it from being too in-your-face.
13. Rim your inner lower lid line with a bright shade for a pop of color.
14. Mix bright eyeliner with an equally bright eye shadow for a look that really stands out.
15. If you want something that isn’t quite as bold as a liquid liner, use bright eyeshadow as liner with a thin brush – it gives off a softer look.
16. Try an ombre style for something totally different.
17. Forget subtle! Rim your entire eye in a bright, glittery hue.
18. Speaking of standing out, try this cool striped look.
19. Instead of a color, just line your eyes with a white – it’s bright in a different way.
20. You can also add shimmery white shadow in the inner corners to really make your eyes pop.
Which one of these bright eyeliner looks would you try? What beauty trend do you like the most? Share in the comments.