I’m going to be a bit like your mom and dad for a second and tell you that wearing a hat in summer isn’t just about embracing the latest fashion trends. Wearing a hat is important because it helps protect your hair, scalp, and face from sun damage.
One of the downsides of wearing hats is that they aren’t compatible with certain hairstyles. It doesn’t matter whether you’re rocking a baseball cap, a floppy hat, or a fancy fascinator like Kate Middleton. They can all turn flawless hairdos into major pains in the butt.
So, instead of having your hat fight with your hairstyle, have them both compliment each other. When you base your hairstyle around your hat, you don’t need to force it onto your head. You also end up with a really cute look. Get inspired with these 16 cute hairstyles that you can rock with your summer hats.
1. Don’t cover up those gorgeous curls. Show them off by scooping them into a pineapple bun towards the front of your head. Then wear a wide-brimmed hat on the back of your head.
2. Short and medium-haired ladies also need to consider how they’re styling their hair when they’re rocking hats. This tutorial gives you three different options.
3. That fishtail braid though. If you like to wear your hair down when you’re rocking a hat, try adding a little side braid.
4. Yup, you can still rock your double buns with your cap. Just make sure that they’re a lot lower on your head.
5. There are countless hairstyles you can experiment with when you’re wearing a baseball cap. This tutorial gives you three easy options.
6. Got a hat with a cutout in the back? Pull half of your locks through it while leaving the rest to hang underneath.
7. A low, tousled updo is brilliant with baseball caps. I am also obsessed with the long layers she has around her face.
8. There’s no need to make things overly complicated. A tousled ponytail plus a baseball cap equals hair goals.
9. This clever braid will turn anyone into a hat person. Make sure you don’t wear a top with a high collar or a hood. You wouldn’t want to cover up this updo.
10. This looks so, so cute. And it’s actually really easy to do. Divide your hair into pigtails and add hair elastics down the length of them. Then gently pull out each section.
11. You have two tousled hairstyles to choose from. The only question is what easy updo do you want to try first?
12. Half braids and half standard pigtails, these are so cute that you will wonder why you never thought to combine the two together before.
13. Is it a braid or is it a ponytail? It’s actually both, and it’s a super cute look.
14. Count them: This video features five different hairstyles you can try when you’re sporting your baseball cap.
15. These pretty pigtails work whether you’re rocking your cap backwards or forwards.
16. The floppy hat is probably meant to be the main focus here, but I cannot take my eyes off those feathered hair ties and long red pigtails.
What hairstyle is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!