Let me be honest for a minute. I, like the rest of the world, grew up on Disney movies. I loved them. Ariel was my favorite. Part Of Your World is a CLASSIC song! All I wanted was to be a princess! But, honestly, as much as I love Disney and Disney princesses, I’m getting tired of these Disney princess “imagines” that have been circulating the internet for some time. Sure, some of them are sort of cute, but do we really need to know what the Disney princesses would look like if they were zombies? Nope, not really. Does that stop artists from doing it anyway? Nope, not really!
Obviously, there are some great artists out there who are doing some cool things with Disney princesses that are important. After years of conversation about how the princesses could be bad role models for girls, it was cool to see them re-imagined as “feminists,” and it was so uplifting to see them drawn out as plus-size characters. And the princesses as real life teenagers? Yes, please. But at this point, things have gotten completely out of hand. I’m not shaming the art, since it is impressive, it’s just so wildly excessive. And it gets pretty strange. As fellow Gurl writer Ashley says, it just needs to stop. In the meantime, as we wait for Disney fans to chill the hell out, let’s take a look at the weirdest things that people have done to Disney princesses. At least it’s entertaining!
1. Turned them into Coachella attendees:
2. Made them date each other, which is fine, but why are they doing…this:
3. Turned them into Women Marchers… but put ridiculous puns on their signs?
4. Made them into a couple of ~dudes~:
5. Drew them as curvy pin up models…it’s cute, but kinda of weird:
6. Made them dead versions of themselves…and Lana Del Rey?
7. Tried making them different races:
8. Face Swapped with their male (or racoon) counterparts:
9. Turned them into spring breakers:
10. Made them old women:
11. Uh, this;
12. Here they are as hipsters, of course:
13. And…as Olaf:
14. Wearing footie pajamas of their pets:
15. And finally, here they are as ~quirky~ millennials:
What do you think of these Disney princesses? Tell us in the comments!