Scarves, scrunchies, headbands, rainbow string. They’re all cool things to twist and braid into hair. If you’re looking for another pretty hair accessory to upgrade your updo with, might I suggest a hair ribbon?
I know, I know, you probably have an idea that hair ribbons are only for third graders, but it’s time to get that idea out of your head. Hair ribbons are suitable (and super cute) for all ages. And, surprisingly enough they’re perfect for pretty much any hair length. Even girls with buzzcuts can still tie a ribbon around their heads like a headband. And that’s just the start of things. Get inspired with these 17 different ways you can wear ribbons in your hair this summer.
1. There are lots of ways you can tweak this hairstyle after you put your locks in a beehive. Add a contrasting ribbon to a headband, use two pieces of ribbon, or try a headband with a matching ribbon.
2. Hands up if you’re also getting major Taylor Swift vibes from this updo? And that is enough of a reason to try it. The eyelet ribbon is also a cute alternative to the usual grosgrain.
3. Go Grecian! Get a goddess look by piling your hair into a high updo then wrapping it twice with a piece of ribbon.
4. Haven’t tried a rope braid before? Now is the time to try one. It looks so sweet with ribbon braided in a long ponytail and twisted.
5. This tutorial actually involves tying the ribbon then gluing it onto a bobby bin, but you could easily just tie the ribbon around the bun. It will look just as cute.
6. A side braid plus a side ponytail plus a black ribbon bow equals a cute and easy hairstyle.
7. Put a bow on it! This voluminous bun gets a sweet update thanks to the red ribbon bow.
8. Braid a section of hair around your face with a piece of lace ribbon. Snake it around your head and tie the ribbon at the back. Et voila, a pretty hairstyle.
9. You could go to the trouble of cutting up fabric, but why bother when you can use ribbons? Just make sure that you choose multicolored ones.
10. It’s amazing how a simple black bow can make a voluminous half updo look a million times cuter.
11. A braided bun looks that much more stunning with a red ribbon wrapped around your head.
12. This braided knot can be created with a thick piece of ribbon or a scarf. Or go crazy and try combining both together.
13. A ribbon works with almost any hairstyle. Still don’t believe me? Check out 15 easy ways to add one to your ‘do.
14. Grab a threader because this braided hairstyle is worth the effort. You can always get your friend to do your hair then you can do hers.
15. Your side braid just got even more exciting thanks to the edition of a white lace ribbon woven in.
16. This is simple but so pretty. It’s a shame that you won’t be able to admire it like everyone else.
17. Can you say “ribbon inspiration?” These might look intricate but you’re still basically doing your standard braid, but with three different colored ribbons.
Have you ever worn a ribbon in your hair? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!