I’m cool with the facial features I was given, but the thing I love about makeup is that I can play around and see what I look like with different things. For example, I can see what I would look like with dark, full lips, and I can use fake lashes to see what I would look like if I was naturally blessed with mega up-to-my-eyebrows lashes. One other thing I like to do is enhance my cheekbones to see what my face looks like with super sculpted cheeks.
I’m betting I’m not alone when it comes to the last one. There’s a reason why contouring and contouring kits have taken over in the last few years. For those of us who weren’t blessed with supermodel cheekbones, we can make it look like we have cheekbones that are so sculpted they could shave ice. And it’s actually easier to do than it sounds. Curious? Grab your makeup bag and take a look at 15 ways you can enhance your cheekbones.
1. Use a combination of blush and bronzer to enhance those cheekbones.
2. Convinced that you don’t actually have cheekbones? Well, you do, and this tutorial makes it a breeze to find them and enhance them.
3. Blush, bronzer, and highlighter are the Holy Trinity when it comes to enhancing your cheeks with makeup.
4. “X” marks the spot! This simple diagram shows you exactly where to apply highlighter to enhance your cheeks…brow bone, nose, and lips.
5. Contour and highlight your face. The mix of light and dark shades will really help enhance those cheekbones.
6. Contouring, blush, and highlighter might seem like too much, but when you blend everything with a makeup sponge, you will see that it isn’t too much. It’s actually the perfect tutorial to make those cheeks look supermodel-esque.
7. It’s not just about the color of your blush; it’s also about the placement. This handy guide shows you where you should be putting that blush based on your face shape.
8. Want to know a super simple hack? Apply blush on the very tops of your cheekbones to create the illusion you have chiseled, high ones. Very clever.
9. There are many different ways to apply blush. It’s important to know the difference between them so you can get the look you want.
10. Now this is how you divide and conquer. It helps to think of an imaginary line running down from the end of your eyebrow to your jaw when you’re applying your blush and highlighter.
11. When it comes to making those cheekbones pop, remember to follow the hollow and to smile.
12. You can do a lot to your cheekbones (and the rest of your face) with just bronzer. Use this as a guide and you will look chiseled instead of dirty.
13. You can use these looks as inspiration for any makeup palette. No matter what look you choose, your cheeks will stand out.
14. Looking for a soft look? Work with highlighter and blush then add just a bit of bronzer in certain areas.
15. Pull your hair into a high bun. Then contour your cheekbones and neck to take those cheeks to the next level.
How do you enhance your cheekbones? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!