If you have started your summer vacation (are you on summer vacation yet? I really hope you are!) you probably already know that it doesn’t take too long to start getting antsy. Like, you’ll have a week (give or take) of full-fledged summer laziness in which you watch TV, lay around on the couch, and do nothing, basically, that bears any societal value. But then, this free time tends to grow stale.
If you’re lucky, you’ll have a summer internship or part-time job to fill this void. But if you don’t have an internship or job–or if your schooling career has made it so that any free time you do have makes you feel itchy–might I suggest rehab to you?
Not that kind of rehab. Room rehab! Summer is a perfect time to finally get started on that DIY room project or revamp you’ve been meaning to do for a while, because, well, what else are you going to do? Plus, if you’re heading to college in the fall, it means that you’ll have the coolest dorm on your hall. So, check out these cool room projects to try out this summer:
1. Are you a monogram person? If so, this is a super cute tutorial that you can use as the main decoration in your room:
2. I’m obsessed with this little reading nook–all you need to set it up is curtains and a curved shower rod:
3. And, of course, a comfy cushion to sit on (which, in this case, looks like a dog bed):
4. Do you like catching fireflies in the summer? If so, you can recreate the experience of a firefly lamp without having to trap them in a jar and watch them die with this DIY:
5. If you’ve got makeup piling up in your room, organize it with this super simple (but cute!) shelf:
6. You can also try this Mason jar organizer for your miscellaneous beauty products, like cotton balls, Q-tips, and makeup brushes:
7. Keep track of your busy summer schedule with this cute DIY calendar:
8. Feeling ambitious? Try this stacked shelves project:
9. And, if you’re a succulent lover, try this succulent hook tutorial that’s cute and functional:
10. Or this one, which is slightly less functional, but you can make using popsicle sticks:
11. These yarn lanterns are a cute, simple way to brighten up a room, especially if there isn’t a ton going on in it already:
12. This ombre paper mobile is, too:
13. This is a cute way to organize photos–obviously the quote that you put in the middle is up to you:
14. If you decorate a light bulb, it’ll make cool designs in the room when you turn on the light:
15. And what would a DIY room decor roundup be without some fairy lights? Top everything off with this DIY hula hoop chandelier?
What do you think of these room projects? Are you going to try any of them? Let us know in the comments!