Since you are here at Gurl.com, odds are good that you are pretty familiar with the internet. I don’t blame you, since the internet is awesome. But it’s also really effing weird. Sure, you can get homework done and Facebook stalk your friends, but there is also the weird corner of the internet that is filled with a ton of obscure memes that don’t mean anything if you aren’t familiar with the internet. You find these jokes in on Tumblr at 3 am, or on Twitter being retweeted thousands of times. And one of those memes that has been making the rounds is the “cracking open a cold one with the boys”
The term supposedly comes from the popular Australian phrase “cracking open a cold one with the boys” AKA hanging with a ton of dudes and drinking, presumably, alcohol. While I am NOT encouraging underage drinking, this meme is honestly, hilarious. Picturing a bunch of guys just gossiping and cracking open beverages is funny to me, and many others. Maybe because guys ALWAYS criticize girls for “gossiping” and “girl time” yet they do the same thing, they just call it “cracking open a cold one.” And it has just…evolved into a weird phenomenon of memes portraying people “cracking” things. I…can’t really explain it. See below:
See, in this situation, the “me” is the person “cracking” a safe, labeled a “cold one.” They are using an instrument labeled “the boys” to help unlock it. So, “me breaking into a safe, with a stethoscope” roughly translates to “me cracking open a cold one, with the boys.” Are you confused? Intrigued? Laughing uncontrollably without knowing why? I feel that. This meme is so weird since it sort of acts like a puzzle, but they are ridiculously entertaining, so I thought I would give you some example of the “cracking a cold one open with the boys” memes. Enjoy!
1. Cracking an egg=cracking a cold one, of course.
2. This is OFFENSIVE, but works too.
3. This is just…….TOO SOON. But it is also very serious.
4. This one is for the History Buffs:
6. You should ALWAYS BE DOING THIS!:
7. Topical jokes are always good memes:
8. Too soon? Maybe?
9. This works well, surprisingly:
10. This is a pure one:
11. Also, this might be true. Who knows.
12. This whole meme is made for the type of guy who would say Fight Club is their favorite movie:
13. Also, dudes who are super into lifting weights would prob like this meme:
15. Finally, this:
Do you relate to these cold one memes? Tell us in the comments!