If you are a Harry Potter fan–which is a highly likely situation, given that about 400 million people, give or take a few, have read the books–you are probably pretty certain as to how you feel about it. The book series has (officially) been over for just about a decade, and the film adaptations for just under six years, so, despite the assorted spinoffs and JK Rowling’s near-constant threats to reinvigorate the series, there is no reason for your opinions on the franchise to be anything other than set in stone.
Or, to be exact, there would be no reason for your opinion on Harry Potter to change if it wasn’t for the internet. But, thanks to all the memes and fanfiction and fan art and analyses that is basically impossible to avoid if you ever choose to glance at, say, Tumblr, you’ll find that a lot of other people’s opinions on the matter are constantly changing, so it’s reasonable for yours to change, too. Basically, Harry Potter doesn’t actually have to be over until you want it to be. So, if you aren’t quite ready for Harry Potter to be over, check out these posts that will change how you feel about Harry Potter:
1. I mean:
2. Makes you think, right?
3. There are, um, some key differences between the books and the movies:
4. Particularly when it comes to Ginny:
5. (This is book Ginny, obviously):
7. Ever find yourself wishing for some oddly specific Hogwarts details? Here they are:
8. Followed by this insight into the life of a Background Slyherin:
9. And, of course, the memes that you know exist at Hogwarts:
10. THIS IS BASICALLY WHAT HAPPENED, THOUGH:
11. When will your fave???
13. Let’s focus on the real tragedy, shall we?
14. This is…a fair point:
15. I mean:
What do you think of these posts? Did any of them change your life? Let us know in the comments!