Sometimes, inspiration can come from the most unlikely of sources. There are the expected places to find inspiration, of course–the beach, classic literature, Rihanna’s Instagram account, etc.–but other times, you have to go deeper. Like, I don’t know, some writing in the bathroom stall at your middle school. An episode of Vanderpump Rules. The inspirational quote on your teabag that you use not as an earnest form of inspiration, but rather, as inspiration for a platform to make fun of inspirational quotes.
And, of course, there are also the memes. Memes are certainly not always inspiring (in fact, they rarely are, given that, if anything, many of them would most likely be categorized as being “demotivational”), but when they are, they get the job done better than most other things can. The key to finding a truly inspirational post online? It has to be, uh, a little off the beaten trail. So, check out these oddly inspirational things that will totally help you get through the day:
1. This reminder that things are literally just getting started for you:
2. This important message to look at whenever things get tough:
3. Something to remember every time you feel like you suck at something:
4. And something to think about every time you feel like you’re “trash:”
5. This reminder that even the most conventionally hot people have self-esteem issues, too:
6. Ever feel like you’re unnecessary? You might be! But that’s a good thing!
7. This drawing that’s so corny, it just has to be true:
8. This reminder that your friends will always stick with you, even if you spend years perfecting the most annoying joke of all time:
9. If you don’t appeal to everyone, that’s fine–in fact, it just brings you closer to becoming two of the greatest things that have ever existed in the modern world:
10. And having enemies just means that you’re doing something right:
11. This reminder that you always have at least a little bit of power:
12. I mean. True:
13. This moment from Kim Possible that proves the show was far ahead of its time:
14. The one legitimately inspirational quote that has ever come from the Whisper app:
15. And, finally, this reminder that even 50 Cent isn’t above some manual labor from time to time:
— Grant Whitson (@OMFGrant) September 1, 2014
What do you think of these posts? Which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!