I don’t know about you, but personally, I have a gripe with graduation. Not so much the act of doing it, of course–having a degree is objectively cool, and the hard work you’ve put in to get there is admirable (congrats, by the way!), but the actual graduation ceremony? To be quite frank, it’s kind of a waste of time. It involves sitting in an uncomfortable, overheated locations for at least a couple of hours as you listen to the names of every single one of your classmates being read aloud by your principal, just so you can wait for that one split second that your name is called out so you have to walk across the stage to grab your diploma and pray that you don’t fall as you do so.
But, still, you have to go. Your family will probably be mad at you if you skip it. (And, hey–maybe you like hearing the names of every single one of your classmates read out to you while you sweat in your polyester-blend graduation robe in the school gym!) But you would be forgiven for wanting to do literally anything else during the graduation ceremony. Like reading a book. Writing in a journal. Whipping out your laptop to catch up on some Netflix until your name is called. Is that something I advise? No, but you can do something TV-related–by paying homage to all of your favorite TV shows with your graduation cap, of course. So, check out these awesome graduation caps that are inspired by your favorite TV shows:
1. Here’s one that’s perfect for any Friends fanatic:
2. And this Spongebob one that perfectly encapsulates the high school or college experience:
3. This Bob’s Burgers cap is…perfect:
4. Walter White is maybe not the best character to emulate throughout your postgrad life, but this Breaking Bad cap is pretty cool:
5. Leslie Knope, on the other hand, is a great character to try and become!
6. In other Parks and Rec news…same:
7. Let’s not forget what the real horror story is:
8. Love TV and memes? Say no more, fam:
9. This Grey’s Anatomy cap proves that all the hours you spent mainlining the show were totally worth it:
10. And this Arrested Development is super easy to put together, but will definitely earn you at least a few high fives:
11. This Michael Scott cap is truly inspiring:
12. And this one reminds everyone what school is really like (just switch out “college” with “high school” if you’re graduating high school):
13. A perfect real graduation cap for a future Real Housewife:
14. This Game Of Thrones cap is…too real:
15. This Gilmore Girls cap is making me tear up!!!
16. School is kind of like fighting vampires, Buffy The Vampire Slayer-style, if you think about it:
17. Put this cap in the MoMA immediately!!!!
18. Ah, yes. The motto:
What do you think of these caps? Which TV show would you pick to put on your graduation cap? Let us know in the comments!