When it comes to couples–the romantic kind–I have always found that, generally, there tend to be two types: Those who do not wear matching outfits and those who, well, do. Unfortunately.
My mom used to wrangle my little sister and me into wearing matching outfits (overalls, denim, with an embroidered butterfly applique) for family photo purposes when we went on our annual summer beach trip, and, frankly, it was adorable. I also used to wear a matching outfit, multiple times a week (striped Urban Outfitters skirt, white top) with my best friends in high school for no reason other than that we were all deeply insufferable. (It should be noted that this was not, in fact, adorable.)
So, what I am trying to say here is that I empathize with anyone who might have the urge to wear the same outfit as a loved one, and, as with most things, I am in no position to to criticize anyone who chooses to do it. But. When it comes to matching outfits with a significant other, on an occasion that is not, say, prom or Halloween or even Santacon, but instead just a regular-ass day, I do feel qualified to say that it might not have quite the “adorable” effect you are most likely going for. Especially if it is with the outfits below. So, check out the outfits you should never wear with your SO:
1. ACTUALLY, I AM MAD:
2. You guys…know how this story ends, right? (NOT WELL, COUPLE-WISE):
3. Nope. They both die, too:
5. This is cool if you like being someone’s possession, I guess?
6. Ah, yes–nothing quite like implied bestiality:
8. Like most people, I simply refuse to be seen in public unless I am wearing my “BET TOGE” t-shirt:
9. The ONLY acceptable use for this shirt is buying it for someone as a hilarious prank after they like your selfie on Instagram:
10. Don’t…do this:
11. Don’t do this either!!
12. This is a good way to publicly air the two factors that will eventually cause your breakup, I suppose:
13. Please do not spend $54.95 on these!!!
14. Y’all mind if I head into the woods to scream?
What do you think of matching couple outfits? Would you wear any of these outfits? Let us know in the comments!