At this point, you’ve probably seen more than your fair share of promposals. Other than the ones that going on at your school, you’re sure to have seen some other, possibly more ornate ones that have been plastered all over the internet–you know, like, the meme promposals. The TV-themed promosals. And, of course, the inevitable (but always hilarious) promposal fails.
People sometimes complain about promposals, which, like, sure. I get it. Promposals can be overwrought and dramatic, stretch out prom season for an unnecessarily long amount of time, and, since they often require some sort of parental involvement, they add an extra layer of complication to something that’s complicated enough on its own. But the overwrought nature of promposals is also what makes it so fun–it allows people who might not have otherwise had an outlet for creativity to be as creative as they possibly can be, and some of the results are really amazing. So, check out these amazingly clever promposals that’ll make you wish you’d though of them yourself:
1. Like, for example, this promposal on a receipt:
2. Ah, yes. A pun:
Okay but my promposal was the best pic.twitter.com/lMdP2aWuVR
— la cubanita (@shawty01_) May 11, 2017
3. Food-based puns always work!
This is so clever lmao couldn't have asked for a better promposal ☺️ pic.twitter.com/xMNuU4y3Ry
— Ashley Martinez (@_AshleeyM_) April 13, 2017
4. Or, just make them spell it out:
— Isa (@GilIsagil) May 8, 2017
6. This is Very Good:
7. The Office is always the way to go with promposals, I guess:
8. When in doubt, just, um, invoke the word of God?
9. THIS IS VERY COOL AND I AM VERY INTIMIDATED:
— kial hocker (@kialhocker) May 10, 2017
10. Please respect these two fedora-wearing neckbeards who just want to go to prom:
11. This is a formal invite, technically, but…still. When will your fave???
12. What is…the story here?
15. THIS IS TOO MUCH. GOODBYE:
— Melissa (@melissa97H__) May 10, 2017
What do you think of these promposals? Which one is your fave? Let us know in the comments!