Vaginas are fantastic things. They give us orgasms and we don’t have to worry about them getting injured as easily as guys with all of their dangling bits. However, they can also cause us a lot of stress and worry.
How many times have you sat bent over the toilet, inspecting your vagina? Or maybe you did it sitting on your bed with your legs spread wide and a hand mirror? With things like diseases, body changes, toxic shock syndrome, periods, potential pregnancies, trouble getting penises to fit, and too-rough sex to deal with, there are a lot of things to worry about. I’m sure that if someone were to run the stats, the “Is my vagina normal?” question is probably googled as much as “How do you have an amazing female orgasm?”
If you feel like you’re constantly having paranoid thoughts about your vagina, it will hopefully make you feel better to know that you’re not alone. We all have them. Your best friend has them. Your sister has them. And even the good people of the internet have them. And where else do you go to share your vaginal fears on the world wide web besides the Gurl boards? That would be Whisper, the “secret” telling app that lets you post things anonymously. Check out 17 Whisper confessions from people stressing out about what’s going on down there.
1. The constant worry about what side of the scale your vag falls on:
2. Apparently it’s gross to have hair and it’s gross NOT to have hair:
3. The fear of STDs…and the fear of getting an STD and ending up alone:
4. The times when you get a little too intense:
5. The worry you have when you hook up after a long time:
6. It’s not just about the hair:
7. The fear of not having had sex in awhile:
8. What you’re secretly wondering:
9. And it’s about all of the parts down there:
10. Yes or not? Labia make us think a lot of things:
11. And if it’s not looks that it’s a concern, it’s smell:
12. Because everyone knows the porn comparisons happen:
13. The question most of us want to know:
14. The statistic that you cannot get out of your head before any hookup:
15. And sometimes you can’t stop thinking about the “bad” when you’re thinking about the “good:”
16. To shave or not to shave:
17. Pubic hair is really a whole topic in of itself:
What other thoughts have you had about your vagina? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!