We might be in the midst of year 2017, where bright pastel colors and double French braids are dominating the hair world, but that doesn’t mean that everyone is totally into these new modern looks. There are lots of girls out there who like to give their style a more retro vibe, in a way that doesn’t seem like a Halloween costume, but rather something unique and a little offbeat. I have a friend like this – she does her hair as if she’s from another decade, and even her clothes have a more vintage feel to them. Maybe you’re one of these people, and you want to ensure that your prom hair look is on that page – or maybe you just want to do something different that won’t look like everyone else’s hair. Either way, one thing is for sure: these unique hairstyles are total winners.
These will look amazing whether you’re wearing a vintage looking dress or something more modern. They’re fun, classic, and glamorous. Who wants to have the same exact hairstyle as half their class when you could do something different, you know? You can definitely take inspiration from the beauty looks of other decades without coming off too costumey or ridiculous, and these tutorials are proof. Check out these gorgeous retro inspired hairstyles that are perfect for prom:
1. Keep it simple with this low rolled up twisty style that is really low-key and simple.
2. If you want to do something really different, try a bob – without snipping off your hair.
3. This half up style is a mix of an on-trend look and something more retro.
4. You can also go for a full-on vintage look with this once-popular swirl:
5. If you’re not looking for an updo, go for old Hollywood style waves, which are soft and super glamorous.
6. Victory rolls will definitely make you stand out. If you don’t want to look like you’re dressed up, wear this style with a more modern dress.
7. Want to add a hair accessory into the mix? This rolled back, low ponytail looks great with a large black bow.
8. For something slightly more casual, try this curly vintage ponytail.
9. This half up wavy look is simple but beautiful, and has just a hint of vintage feel.
10. This pinned back wavy look is also a mix of modern glam and retro styles.
11. Gently brushing out large barrel curls results in this really pretty retro look.
12. You can still do a vintage look even with a bob! This look is really pretty and easy.
13. This half-up look resembles a bouffant, but would definitely work for any dress.
14. This side bun is so pretty, but could easily be made more casual if you left out the hair accessory.
15. Try this pinned back look if you want something super easy.
16. Use a comb to create these old fashioned waves.
17. Try these tighter curls for a chic updo.
18. For something more loose, these soft vintage waves are a perfect choice.
Which one of these hairstyles is your favorite? Are you going to try any of them? Share in the comments.