Do you know what being emotionally unavailable means? It’s not just a ~trendy~ term teens use to describe themselves if they have issues with relationships. It’s actually a real (and common!) thing that many people can identify with. If you are emotionally unavailable, it means that no matter how much you may want a relationship, you just aren’t ready for one. You might be hooking up with a crush, but you’re not fully willing to commit. Maybe it’s because you haven’t gotten over your ex, or maybe it’s because you need to take time to figure out YOU for a while. No matter the reason, it’s okay to be emotionally unavailable. But it can get…frustrating, especially when you are trying to come out of that unavailable phase.
I don’t want to glorify being emotionally unavailable, because it’s not always a good thing. It’s really important to be in touch with your emotions and to be honest with yourself. If you ARE emotionally unavailable, you might want to figure out why, so you can work on not being that way. Maybe you are too quick to push people away, or maybe you just don’t want something too serious. Ultimately, you just have to figure out that you want. Until then, though, it’s okay to embrace your unavailability. And the best way to embrace something, IMO, is to make jokes about it. So, if you find yourself to be emotionally unavailable, take a look at these relatable posts.
1. Actually same!
2. I mean, it’s a ~lifestyle~:
3. Sometimes, you might be available in some aspects, but not others:
4. At least you’re being honest!
Friend: I found someone for you
Me: did you tell them I’m emotionally unavailable but I still appreciate attention
— Maryam (@Maryam_Tadrous) April 13, 2017
5. TFW you avoid all romantic interaction before it even begins:
Me, an emotionally unavailable woman, curving men to protect em from wasting their time pic.twitter.com/XznvZjHXuR
— 🍾 (@imdiamondrivera) March 30, 2017
6. When you’re livin the emotional unavailable life to the fullest:
Me pushin every1 away that’s ever cared about me bcoz of my emotional unavailability, leading me to become more emotionally unavailable xxxx pic.twitter.com/7wYr1Ve8z3
— Molly 🦋 (@mollyglinski) March 26, 2017
7. When you TRY to be available and then……nope!
8. You gotta protect yourself, girl.
9. HONESTLY, it makes sense:
10. And then, when you try to break out of your shell…but this happens:
11. You just can’t help yourself!!!!
me: emotionally unavailable
also me: sO… THIS BOY
— jules 🍓 (@blondefelicity) March 18, 2017
12. It’s HARD to be available all the time:
13. But when you are…it just ends badly:
Do you think you’re emotionally unavailable? Tell us in the comments!