The early days of spring, when it’s still cold and dreary, always makes me daydream about the warmer days I know are coming (that still feel so far away) and the clothes I’ll be able to wear once I no longer need to cover up in layers of sweaters and jackets. Spring weather means new clothes and new trends, which is awesome, but also not cheap. If you’re not into the idea of wearing the same old stuff you’ve been wearing the last few months, but you don’t have a lot of cash to spend, you’re not totally out of luck! Gather together your old t-shirts and start a little DIY upcycling.
There are so many cute little projects you can do with t-shirts that either don’t fit great, are kind of falling apart, or are just looking a little bit too wintery for your taste. You can turn them into something that looks so trendy everyone will ask where you bought it, or just make them into warm weather basics instead of cold weather basics. Most of the DIY projects below are easy enough that even beginners will be able to do them (no sewing needed!), while others are a little more on the complicated side. There’s something for everyone, so check out these cool DIY ways to update your t-shirts for spring. Even if you’ve never tried a crafting project, you can definitely do these!
1. Turn your oversized t-shirt into a cute, no-sew crop top.
2. Another cute way to update an oversized tee is to make it into a cutout dress.
3. Small cutouts around the neckline and on the sleeves can elevate a plain, boring tee into something stylish and cool.
4. Use an embroidery technique to etch cute little sayings on your t-shirts.
5. Or get super fancy with embroidered designs, like colorful flowers.
6. Make an oversized t-shirt into a fitted one with a few small steps.
7. Make a plain tee into a graphic tee with this simple tutorial. You can use any phrase or words you want!
8. Iron on letters are another great and easy way to make your own unique graphic tees.
9. Turn an oversized t-shirt into a very chic kimono.
10. Go for a sexier vibe by making your t-shirt into a lace-up shirt.
11. It’s super easy to make a plain t-shirt into a trendy off-the-shoulder shirt.
12. Make a simple change by adding lace to your sleeves.
13. Take an old button down and make it into a very cool little lace cami.
14. Get ready for warmer weather by turning your t-shirt into a halter tank top.
15. Add a little embroidery around the collar for a colorful update.
16. Little bows on sleeves add a cute feminine touch.
17. Iron on floral letters for a different look.
18. Make a boring tee into a functional workout tank.
19. Go from oversized t-shirt to sexy tank top.
Which one of these DIY projects is your favorite idea? What did we forget to add? Share in the comments!