Mascara used to be the product that beauty lovers obsessed over. It was declared the thing that made your makeup look and it was often dubbed the product people would apply no matter how little sleep they got and regardless of how lazy they were feeling. Recently, it seems like highlighter has stolen the spotlight (literally) from mascara.
Yes, there are some fierce eyelash looks on Instagram, but for every lash look it seems like there are 20 with highlighter on fleek. When you’re doing your regular Instagram scrolls, it’s actually rarer if you don’t see highlighted skin.
If you’re firmly on team highlighter, you’re probably a pro at using it to enhance your cheekbones. However, if that’s all you’re doing, you’re missing out on highlighter’s full potential. You can apply the shimmering shade to your eyes, nose, mouth, and even your body. Don’t believe me? Take a look at 16 unique ways you can use your highlighter.
1. No ivory eyeshadow? No problem. Apply your highlighter on the inner corners of your eyes to make them pop.
2. Want something really unexpected? Try swiping some highlighter down the center of your nose. This look is proof that it works.
3. There are so many different ways you can incorporate highlighter into your eyeshadow look. Case in point: This iridescent halo eye.
4. Can you see it? The highlighter has been applied on the apples of the cheeks, closer to the nose, and on the forehead. The result? A healthy glow.
5. Throw everything you know about highlighter out the window and sweep on a shade that extends from your cheekbones to your eyes. If it’s a rainbow shade, that’s even better.
6. Highlighter plus brow bone equals a dreamy combination. Period. It’s up to you if you want to add some on the inner corners of your eyes, too.
7. Take that highlighter, mix a bit with your foundation, then apply it to your entire face. Yes, everywhere.
8. Are you really more of a lip girl than a skin girl? If that’s the case, use your highlighter to create a megawatt finish on your lips. The neutral lip paired with this shimmering pearl shade is amazing.
9. Tip: Mix a bit of highlighter with your usual body lotion or oil and you have a new shimmering body product.
10. You might be wondering why you would ever want to highlight your chin, but this look shows how pretty it can actually be.
11. Don’t let the mega strobing on the cheeks distract you. Take a look at the top of her lip. Yup, that’s highlighter on her cupid’s bow.
12. Who said that highlighter is just for your face? Try dusting some on your collarbones when you’re wearing an open neckline.
13. Looking to streamline your makeup routine? Apply your highlighter on your cheeks then use it as a shadow across your lid. Easy-peasy.
14. Cold shoulder tops are still, er, hot, so enhance the open neckline with a dusting of highlighter on your shoulders.
15. Looking to enhance your tatas? You can use a combination of highlighter and a contour shade to fake a few extra cup sizes. Who would have thought?
16. Grab that highlighter and apply it just to the very tip of your nose. Trust me, it works.
What other unique ways do you like to use your highlighter? Let us know in the comments!
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!