If you didn’t know this already, let me be the first person to tell you that doing your makeup is hard. It’s hard to contour. It’s hard to blend. It’s hard to keep up with makeup tutorials. Makeup is so hard, in fact, that if you’re not super into makeup it in the first place, it can be hard to motivate yourself to do it at all. And, of course, you don’t have to–despite what some people might say, makeup is not something that’s required of anyone, so if you don’t want to wear it, there’s no reason to force yourself to do so. But if you are looking for some motivation to do your makeup, perhaps I can interest you in…Harry Potter makeup?
I am not referring to makeup that makes you look like Harry Potter himself; nor am I referring to the Harry Potter makeup brushes and products that randomly became super popular last year and then died out, as far as I can tell. These are just makeup tutorials that look normal to most people, probably, but are subtly (or, in some cases, not-so-subtly) infused with some element of Harry Potter that any discerning Harry Potter fan will be sure to notice. So, check out these gorgeous, totally canon Harry Potter makeup looks that you’ll actually want to wear:
1. First, here is a nice, subtle Deathly Hallows lip:
2. And a cool Fawkes eyeshadow look to go along with it:
3. What about trying this (gorgeous) Ford Anglia eye art?
4. Now, let’s get into houses–are you a Gryffindor?
8. Or, perhaps, you’d just like to represent Hogwarts as a whole?
9. If you ever wanted to be a part of the Weasley family, this is probably the best way to do it:
10. Here’s a full-face House look if that’s the sort of thing you’re into:
11. Anyone can do this, right?
12. Feeling a Hedwig vibe? Try this eyeshadow look:
13. Here’s a (slightly) more understated Hufflepuff look (if you do it with a slightly softer yellow, you could totally get away with this as a daytime eye):
14. And another Slytherin one:
15. And a truly beautiful Ravenclaw eye:
16. Not sure if this is supposed to be a Patronus or the Triwizard Cup? Either way, it’s cool!
What do you think of these makeup looks? Are there any you’re going to try? Let us know in the comments!