If you have ever gone on Instagram, chances are pretty good that you have seen someone wearing a pair of mid calf boots – or sock boots, another popular name for them. You know what they are, even if you don’t know the name: the tight, typically pointy-toed boots that hit at mid calf and hug the leg. You probably know them best because of Kim Kardashian West, who started wearing them practically every day after her husband Kanye West shot them into popularity with his Yeezy collection. Here’s an example:
See? Now you know what I mean. Sock boots (because they’re so tight they’re like a sock, you know?) are really popular right now, and they were also a trend during the spring and summer 2017 fashion shows, so it seems they are sticking around. To be honest with you, I personally do not like these boots. I think they hit at what might be the worst part of the calf ever, cutting off your leg and making anyone wearing them, even supermodels, look a little awkward. They also annoy me because they seem to be tailor made for just that body type – tall, thin, supermodels – and I hate that exclusivity aspect of fashion. But, this is just my own opinion, and you can have yours. Maybe you love these boots! If so, you’re in the right place, because I’m going to show you all the cool ways you can wear them.
Oh, and by the way – a lot of these photos show that even if these boots were made with slimmer legs in mind, anyone can rock them. In fact, the below outfit ideas are kind of turning me onto them. Do I… want a pair? Okay, no, I need to stay on topic. Here’s how to wear mid calf boots this winter and spring so that you, too, can look like a Kardashian. Or just very stylish.
1. The easiest way to wear mid-calf boots is with a dress. Like any other pair of boots!
2. If you’re not into showing off your legs, wear yours with cropped, frayed hem jeans. The boot should basically go up under the jeans so no calf is showing.
3. If you’re hesitant about the look, go for all black – black boots over black jeans. It’s just an easier way to incorporate them into your wardrobe and still looks awesome.
4. For a casual vibe that also feels very model-off-duty chic, wear your mid-calf boots with a t-shirt or sweatshirt dress and sheer tights.
5. One of the best ways to wear mid-calf boots and jeans is to cuff your jeans up to show off the boots. Large cuffs like these are unexpected and unique.
6. Get some balance by pairing tight mid-calf boots and tight jeans with a long, loose top.
7. Mid-calf boots look so chic with a midi skirt and a sweater. It’s the perfect trendy winter outfit.
8. Wear your mid-calf boots with cropped jeans that hit right above the top of the boot, so just a sliver of leg peaks out.
9. Get some serious early 2000s vibes going by pairing them with a denim mini skirt.
10. Instead of a basic shade like black or brown, wear a pair of sparkly mid-calf boots. They’re definitely a great statement piece.
11. Go for a super trendy Instagram look by pairing your sock boots with fishnet tights and a pair of light wash jeans.
12. Sock boots are usually worn under jeans or with bare legs, but they can also be zipped up over a pair of skinny jeans for a more casual vibe.
13. Pair them with a dress or skirt that hits right below the knees.
14. Go for the glam athleisure look by wearing your sock boots with leggings and a crop top. It’s a cool mix of fancier items with super casual ones.
15. Go for a more professional look by wearing your sock boots with a mini skirt and sleek top.
16. Instead of all black, wear light colored sock boots with dark clothing. It makes them stand out more.
17. Even fancier looking mid-calf boots can be made more casual by wearing them with comfy jeans and a cute graphic tee.
18. A super easy outfit for spring: skinny jeans with mid-calf boots and an off-the-shoulder top.
19. Going out? Wear your sock boots with a pretty dress and you’re good to go.
20. High-waist jeans can elongate your legs, so if you feel like mid-calf boots are cutting you off weirdly, this is a good way to fix that!
Which one of these outfit ideas is your favorite? How would you wear mid-calf boots? Let me know in the comments!