What does spring mean to you? To me, it means breaking out my sundresses and buying all of the spring Oreos at the grocery store. For other, normal people, it means spring cleaning. I’m not sure where the term spring cleaning came from, but I guess it goes along with the whole “rebirth” theme of spring. You know, the plants blooming, the snow melting (if you actually had any snow this year), and all that jazz. People want to reinvent themselves in the spring, and I don’t blame them! It’s the perfect time. And normally, reinventing yourself starts by cleaning out your room/dorm/apartment. And that can be scary.
Since I am lazy AF, cleaning means throwing everything I own in a drawer and just kind of living like that for as long as I can. But that’s not entirely practical. You might need a little push in order to get your lazy self to start cleaning, which I get. So, I have brought you some genius spring cleaning tips that literally any girl, even the lazy ones, can do. Whether you use all of these tips or just use one, I promise you’re on your way to becoming a little more organized. Happy spring!
1. First off, take a look at this lazy girl checklist. See what you need to do, and cross out things that don’t need to be done or aren’t relevant to you.
2. Find a day where you actually have time to clean everything you need. Set up your day into sections and allow a few hours for each thing you need to clean. If you’re not cleaning a whole house (let’s face it, who is?) then be sure to divide your room or dorm into sections.
3. Decide what you need and what you don’t. It will be easier to clean when you aren’t sorting through hundreds of items that you don’t actually use anymore.
4. Do the same thing with your closet! It’s an important part of spring cleaning!
5. Don’t be afraid to let things go if they are just making your room messy AF:
6. Label boxes or bags for what you are going to keep, donate or throw out.
7. If you live with friends or roommates, make a chart to determine who will clean the common spaces.
8. If you don’t have a whole day to get it done, try planning on cleaning a little bit every day for a month.
9. If you really can’t commit that much time, try and tidy up every day, using these tips.
10. I know dusting sucks, but it’s a tiny thing you can do that will totally make your room look cleaner in no time. Dust your bedside table or your desk.
11. This is actually a really good idea: vacuum or sweep. If you don’t want to do ANY other cleaning, clearing the floors and making them squeaky clean will give the illusion that your room is a lot cleaner than it is.
12. Once you get your room to LOOK clean, you need to KEEP it clean. Try to use this handy chart to keep your room clean throughout every season.
13. Don’t forget to clean the air! Kidding (sort of). A super easy way to keep your air clean is to buy plants that actually help purify the air in your room.
14. If all else fails, at least make your bed. It’s probably the easiest thing you can do to make your room look clean without actually doing anything.
15. BONUS! Clean out your Pinterest account. You KNOW it can get cluttered there.
Are you going to spring clean this year? Tell us in the comments!